Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not the ideal situation to meet someone famous.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the ideal situation to meet someone famous.

My hotel is where the Batman shooting happened. In fact, that is the theater I sent guests to. Tonight we have members of the media out here to report. I recognize a few so far though I won't post names quite yet.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Shooting as in shooting a movie, or was there an incident? I ask because I haven't really watched TV for 2 weeks, but did happen to catch a snippent of the news saying something about police watching our local theater because of the movie. I thought that was weird. What's the deal with this movie?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Incident. Rampaging gunman... Over a dozen dead, more than 4 dozen hospitalised.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I remember when Colors came out. Well, I will have to check out the news. Ok I just checked the news and it doesn't seem like the shooting has anything to do with the movie. The randomness of the violence is distrubing. It makes me not want to go anywhere. Mr. Hero, I'm sorry you had to see this happen to your guests! How awful.
        Last edited by Food Lady; 07-21-2012, 07:37 AM.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It didn't happen to my guests. But I have sent guests to that theater in the past. I wasn't quite clear with how I worded the post. Sorry.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I hope no one from on here is any more closely affected by the incident than Mr Hero.
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I know one member from this site from my home city. I hope s/he is ok.

Comment

I saw a list of the victims yesterday and breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn't anyone I know personally. Then felt horribly guilty about being relieved. Then I saw some jerk had created a Facebook page posing as the shooter, posting pictures and comments as him, and wanted to vomit. I reported it to Facebook and they won't take it down.

Mr. Hero I am so sorry that this has happened so close to you. At least know the chances of anything bad happening in that vicinity in the near future are extremely low.

Comment

Most of the time things don't get to me. But when I read the part about the people that weren't able to escape the theater and they lost their lives...I got a little more than misty eyed.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post

I saw a list of the victims yesterday and breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn't anyone I know personally. Then felt horribly guilty about being relieved.
                    I know exactly what you mean. My daughter and son-in-law went that same night to the same movie - I felt so guilty over my first thought of how thankful I was that the gunman wasn't in their state.

Found out later a more distant family member had also gone to that movie - at a cinema just 20 minutes from the shooting.

I have to admit, I've shed a few tears over all of it, my heart aches for the families of the victims. The randomness and senselessness just makes it so very scary, as well.

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Mark me down as having had to check to see if I knew anybody hurt or killed. I have too many friends who live all over from various message boards and online activities to not worry when I see an incident somewhere.

I just got reminded talking with a friend that it has been a year since Oslo/Norwegian killings. I know someone who was a responder in the downtown bombing part.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I have a friend who has been doing volunteer paramedic support for the apartment de-trapping and that makes me nervous enough!

*hugs* to everyone involved.
                        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

When we had the London Bombings in 2005, one of the routes hit was my wife's normal commute... Due to my own work pattern, I received her "don't worry, I'm fine" before I even knew what had happened. Didn't stop me replaying all the "what ifs" in my head.
                          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                            When we had the London Bombings in 2005, one of the routes hit was my wife's normal commute... Due to my own work pattern, I received her "don't worry, I'm fine" before I even knew what had happened. Didn't stop me replaying all the "what ifs" in my head.
                            I know what you mean. I was working for a government agency on 7/7 and all out major employees were at meetings in London that day. We had a conference on our site and I was running "confirmation lists" too someone in the conference to confirm that our employees had checked in and were ok (and general updates). We didn't have anyone injured or anything thank goodness.

It amused me that the place I was looking for reliable information quickly was FARK though!
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Please don't mention names here on this site. Now that the news people are checked out I hope I be a little less vague. So why don't you have a seat right over there? And considering the individual involved, meeting him under other circumstances wouldn't be much better for me.
                              Last edited by Mr Hero; 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X