Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    A bird flew around the corner of the house and hit me square in the chest.
    Was someone giving you the bird?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• You can tell I'm old because these days when I see the adorable kid who currently plays Spider-man I don't think, "He's so cute, I want to be his girlfriend."

Now I think, "He's so cute, I want to be his mom."
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Got awakened out of a pleasant doze yesterday morning by the building fire alarm going off ...

It was, of course, nothing serious ... a 'careless cook' in one of the units, LOL.

This is why I make damn sure everything is OFF before I go to bed or leave my unit.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Is it wrong to eat seafood at an aquarium?
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
            Is it wrong to eat seafood at an aquarium?
            One humor writer commented about the restaurant at Seaworld: "... I could be eating a slow learner!"

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
              Is it wrong to eat seafood at an aquarium?
              That would make a perfect tweet.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• This book Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton is very slow but also fascinating. It's crazy to see how a religion is built from the ground up, including sources like Margaret Murray, the Freemasons and even the Great Beast himself! I think any Wiccan or anyone with an interest in modern paganism would find it interesting.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  This book Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton is very slow but also fascinating. It's crazy to see how a religion is built from the ground up, including sources like Margaret Murray, the Freemasons and even the Great Beast himself! I think any Wiccan or anyone with an interest in modern paganism would find it interesting.
                  Been meaning to read that, but I tried to plow through one of his previous books and yeah, definitely slow going. Might try anyway though.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Any ladies wanting to worship my Great Beast are more than welcome
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Been meaning to read that, but I tried to plow through one of his previous books and yeah, definitely slow going.
                      He's a scholar, so very detailed but also very fair to polarizing figures like Murray and Crowley (Murray was a lunatic IMO though).

One of my favorite words is 'ensorcelled' but I never seem to have an occasion to use it.
                      : (

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                        He's a scholar, so very detailed but also very fair to polarizing figures like Murray and Crowley (Murray was a lunatic IMO though).
                        : (
                        Wait. Of those two names, you're saying Murray was a lunatic?

Comment

• 😄 Okay, Crowley was weird. Murray came up with all this witch cult stuff with about zero evidence, convinced herself and a lot of people of it, declared that an unsolved murder was clearly a ritual sacrifice, and when rural English people protested that a lot of their quirky festivals and traditions were created only a couple hundred years ago for fun and we're not rituals of some ancient religion, she told them they just did not understand their own history. Hutton points out that lots of anthropologists at the time disregarded the views of the people they were studying since they weren't educated, and he points out that she was an excellent Egyptologist. So, fair treatment I think

Crowley, IMO, seemed to do everything very deliberately and he loved the notoriety and reveled in it. So, he was weird but very cognizant of everything he did, unlike Murray who convinced herself she was right when she almost certainly wasn't.

Comment

• Fair enough.

Comment

• After months and months of delays (selling a house sucks, selling a house to a Chinese national who is currently in China really sucks),

WE NO LONGER OWN A HOUSE!!

>Snoopy dance<

Comment

• There's either a wild and riotous party going on in the party room above my apartment, including a lot of balloon-popping ... or somebody's got small guns up there.

Or fireworks.

(The noise isn't an issue as it's barely past 8 p.m. and I'm tired enough that I'll end up dozing off regardless anyway, LOL.)
                                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X