Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: What is the most PROMINENT sign you have seen an SC ignore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet. More and More. Please do all continue.
    "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
    James from Pokémon.

Comment

• As for stop signs, I will blow through them on our campus when I leave work at night, as I'm literally the only one driving on campus at that hour--everyone else is either already in at work, or has already left long before. And it's fun.

GL to the woman taking flash photography in an aquarium, usually all you get is the reflection of flash on glass in your photo.

We also had a lot of sign ignoring at the zoo. Starting with the big signs that state that if you want to pay the discounted "resident" admission (we were a city-funded zoo) you needed to have ID that showed you lived within the city, or a piece of mail with your name and a city address on it. People also didn't understand that the parking fee was not optional, nor was their a discounted resident rate. It was only $3, for Pete's sake.

The other thing that people ignored that really ticked me off was signs advising them not to throw stuff into exhibits. We actually had animals die because they ate children's toys that were thrown into the exhibits.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

• "As for stop signs, I will blow through them on our campus when I leave work at night, as I'm literally the only one driving on campus at that hour"

Um, all due respect here, but how can you be sure your the only one on campus? If you are out, I'm sure others are, too. Just because you haven't seen anyone doesn't mean they aren't there.

Blowing through stop signs is not a real safe way to get kicks.

Comment

• Just today we had a sign over the decaf coffee button saying the decaf was out of order. A woman pushed the sign aside and tried to get decaf, then had the guts to bitch about the lack of decaf coffee. I almost laughed at her.

Comment

• Our store separates cash lanes. Left side accepts all forms of payment while the right accepts all forms EXCEPT cash.
            Under the register signs (i.e. the numbers with the giant lights) the lanes that do not accept cash have signs that read: This lane is accepting credit and debit card transactions ONLY!

I'm sure you can fill in all the wonderful experiences we have with this.

Comment

• I work iin a public library. A few years ago, in the summer, it was hot and the AC wasn't working. We opened at 1pm.

so earlier in the day, we opened the front door and put the chain over it, sign saying "Closed. open at 1pm. We put some chairs in the doorspace.

Would you believe people went UNDER the chain, pushed the chairs aside and went into the library? put their returns on the desk and went on their merry way.

Comment

• That happens so often. Back when I used to work at Burger King, we had an earthquake and the children's play area was damaged. We put big signs explaining the situation and even blocked off the entrance with one of the garbage bins. People would read the signs, push the very heavy trash bin aside and just let their children play in an unsafe environment.
                My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

• Quoth myswtghst View Post
                  As for stop signs, I will blow through them on our campus when I leave work at night, as I'm literally the only one driving on campus at that hour--everyone else is either already in at work, or has already left long before. And it's fun.
                  Not cool man. Not cool at all. As bad as the SC's we gripe about.

I was working at the cash register right in front of the restrooms. HUGE restroom sign as well as the male and female signs at face height.

Guy walks up from the entrance and asks me where the restrooms were. I point and say "right there" (they were five feet away) and he looks and then kinda grins at his silliness.

Comment

• When I worked at the shoe store, there was an emergency exit out the back of the store. People were constantly going out that door, that was VERY CLEARLY marked EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY, Alarm will sound. Then they'd look baffled when the alarm went off and declare they thought it was the restroom.

One of the managers got fed up and put a sign on the door that said "Not a bathroom" below "Emergency exit only, alarm will sound" It didn't make any difference.

Then working at the store I work at now there was a gigantic red sign above the cigarette bullpen declaring that that was the only register where cigarettes could be purchased. I had so many people ask why there wasn't a sign. I would always point or look up at the HUGE RED sign.

Now there are several small signs all over the alcohol aisle saying we have to ID everyone, and they must have valid (current) ID, and a HUGE sign hanging at the registers. No one reads them.

Comment

Working...
                    X