This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a Sucky Customer has a change of heart

I had a really rare occurance that happened today especially for fast food.

I was the MIC on shift and one of my employees came to me and said, "there is a customer at the counter that wants to talk to you" So I head up to the counter. There is a guy about 35 and he's holding 3 packets of fire sauce in his hand.
    SC: Are you the manager?
    Me: Yes sir, Is there anything I can help you with?
    SC: Isn't it policy to ask someone if they would like sauce when they go thru the drive thru?
    Me: Yes it is
    SC: Well someone needs to tell the person at the window then
    Me: Sorry bout that sir. We are training him on drive thru. It's his first night at the window.
    SC: Well maybe You should make a point of explaining it to him!
    Me: .........
    So he walks away. Halfway thru the lobby he turns back around and looks at me where I'm still standing there with this look.
    SC: DON'T give me that look!
    Me: I'm sorry sir I wasn't giving you any look.
    SC: Upper management is gonna hear about this and you'll pay with your job! (side note: I have gotten this threat 4 times in last 3 days...Surprise I'm still here!)

So he leaves and we go back to work and talk about what an asshat he was.
    10 mins later...my other manager comes to me and says, "Uh....he's coming back"
    I'm thinkin great NOW what? So I go up to the counter preparing myself for round 2 with this guy.....

SC: Ummm....I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I had a bad day but that gave me no right to talk to you that way.
    Me: (HUH???) Uhh...it's ok
    Not so SC ne more: No seriously I was sitting in the lot eating I realized what an ass I made of myself and how uncalled for it was.
    Me: We all have our moments
    NSSC: I really want to apologize to him too. (he points out one of my employees who is hiding in the back with the rest watching)
    So I call him over and the guy apologizes to him and then tells us both....
    " I can't belive I acted like that over taco sauce....if it were me I'd be really pissed if someone acted that way to me ".

It was very strange but nice to have one apologize AND admit they were acting like a moron.

What a happy ending *sniff sniff*. You are one of the lucky few who gets an apology from an SC.

Most of us have lists the size of novels of customers who owe us apologizes, lol. And we'll never get them.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      Most of us have lists the size of novels of customers who owe us apologizes, lol. And we'll never get them.
      More like the size of Galactic Encyclopedias.

Comment

Quoth coldcupofjoe View Post
        More like the size of Galactic Encyclopedias.
        You need the Hitchhiker's Guide any longer to remember who owes you an apology.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I remember this call:

Caller: I really, really need to speak to supervisor.
          Me: Sure, but I'm not sure one's available right now. Is there something I can help you with?
          Caller: I called earlier today, and I was the customer from Hell. The representative I talked to was the most polite and helpful representative I've ever talked to [I knew the rep -- yes, she's truly A-list], and yet, I remained a total bitch. I can't believe she didn't hang up on me -- I would have hung up on me. I need to apologize to her, and also tell her supervisor what a wonderful person you have working there.

I thought that was pretty neat.
          I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Hi, Traylk.

Sad story with a happy ending. Thanks for posting it.

Here's a customer apology for you.

http://media.putfile.com/cs-respect

Even though I was dismayed by this customer's initial comments, I was pleasantly shocked when in response to his ill-mannered remarks, this man uttered the words, "I apologize."

It is not often people, let alone strangers, will sincerely utter these two powerful words to help correct an indiscretion or mistake.

Be safe...

Comment

Wow, that's awesome. Coming back to apologize takes a lot of guts. Way to go apology guy.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

It is rare....

I actually had this happen to me ONCE.

It was christmas time and I was working at the customer service desk. This she-beast was ripping my up one side and down the other. I can't even remember what it was about but I'm sure it was something I had no control over. Anyway she finishes chewing me out, including a few cuss words and storms off. Once she got about 5 steps from the desk I called out "Merry Christmas" in the cheeriest voice I have ever heard come from my lips.

About an hour later I spot the she-beast coming back in the store and heading to the service desk. I braced myself for another verbal asssault and told the manager that happened to be behind the counter at the time to stick around, this could get ugly. I greeted the woman like I never saw her before and she asked if I was the same person that waited on her before. I said I was and she APOLOGIZED to me. She said she just got caught up in the frustration of holiday shopping and took all her frustrations out on me and it wasn't fair and she felt really bad about it and she had to come back and apologize.

You could have knocked me over with a feather. I said thank you for the apology and that no customer had ever done that before. Then I wished her a merry christmas and actually meant it.

The only other time I ever heard of a customer apologizing was when I worked for a credit card company. Customers would call in about their accounts and every time you went into their account you had to leave a note as to why they called. There was a note on a guys account that he had called in just to apologize for his bad behavior on a call the previous night. He had been drunk and was a total a-hole and he wanted the rep to bring up his account so they could find out whcih rep he had been mean to so they could know he had apologized. I knew both reps involved so I got the whole story. Guy had called late at night because the card wouldn't work-it was over the limit-and had been really nasty about it, swearing to the point that the rep hung up on him. The following afternoon, after sobering up, he called to apologize. It was funny and nice at the same time.

Comment

I wish the customers who had been nasty to me at Wal-Mart would ALL have said I'm sorry to me over their behavior. I'd still be working there!....LMAO!!!

Comment

Sincere apologies from SCs warm my heart.

I only get to read about them, though.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Agreed Becky. I don't think I've ever had an SC apologize to me for their behavior...

but it is wonderful to read about it. I got a little teary over that.

There's hope for humanity, yet! (maybe)
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Don't push it, Fox.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's my main personality fault, Blas...

I tend to believe that deep down, humanity is good.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                          X