This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
    heres an example. lets say you are renting your house. you charge them $800 a month and they agree to a year contract. 6 months in, they decided to move. but they don't want to pay the rest. you aren't going to be getting that $800 for the next 6 months, are you? so you are out of the money.
    Unless you can find ways to break the lease like I did with one complex I lived at. I got a sweet deal house sitting for a guy who would be away from home for about 200 days a year, only had to pay 1/2 of the electric/heat bill. So since I only had a 3-4 months left on my lease, I had lived there over three years, I figured they'd be nice and let me out, since they were also in the process of remodeling. So I call them up, and they basically tell me no. The conversation got a little heated, but in it, they mentioned my lease had been sold to them when the complex was sold about a year prior. So having them verify they were expecting me to honor my lease, I went through the lease line by line and found 5 violations, most notably repairs not being made in a timely manner and them coming into my apartment when not there, and not leaving a note why they were in there. In return, I allowed them to keep my security deposit. I sent them a letter stating my reasons for breaking my lease, since they were not keeping up with the lease agreement, had it sent certified mail, and noted I expected a reply within one week, or I would consider that they had agreed to let me break my lease.

I never heard back from them.

Comment

Did bannedanna pull her response? I see you all quoting it, but I don't see the original comment...

Anyway, the termination fee is there to keep people from getting the discounted phone and then cancelling service and running off with it. That shit costs money, ya know!

I work in an agent store, so it's even worse when we have to deal with people like that.
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
      X