This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks to be you!

You know it's not going to be a good day when you're not even five minutes at work and you get a snotweed as one of the first crapstomers to wait on.

Her Royal Pissiness comes up to me all antsy and clearly in a hurry to conduct business and leave. She has a basket of a few items in one hand, and a refund purchase in the other. One of these things I can do. One of them I can't. Guess which one I can't do? If you said "the refund," cookies to you!

I tell Royal P this, and she is visibly annoyed, does the whole huffy thing and whines, "Do I HAVE to go over to customer service?! (Yes. Sucks to be you, bitch.) They're doing some Western Union shit over there!" I tell her sorry, all refunds have to go through CS, and besides, I don't have the keys (damn worthless system requires effing keys for just about every bloody thing right up to blowing your nose, I swear! WORST system I have EVER worked.) to unlock the system when the inevitable "manager key required" message appears on the screen when processing certain transactions (like refunds).

There was some doofus at the desk going through the whole song-and-dance routine with Western Union money orders - that crap IS a MAJOR PITA to deal with and does take time, as I've found out plenty of times when I was there to buy stuff and had to wait in line. But did I make a huge stinky show of it? No, I kept my yap shut and waited, knowing that there was nothing I could do about it except wait my bloody fricken turn.

Not so with this pisser. Still visibly irritated, she stalks over to the CS desk (there wasn't a long line there, it was just this one guy doing all this WU stuff, but as I said it's taking a while) and proceeds to spend approximately the next five minutes (if that) fidgeting and huffing (apparently at one point she called out to my coworker and demanded to be waited on; I missed this because I was waiting on other people - coworker politely told her she would have to wait because the WU stuff was taking a while and she was the only counterperson there at the moment).

Finally admitting epic fail in her attempt to procure said refund, she stomps over to my lane (oh joy, lucky me) and wordlessly (thank you Jesus!) begins tossing items out of her basket for me to ring up. I do so and when the transaction is finished (can't remember if she paid with cash or a card) hand her the requisite paperstuffs, which she all but tears out of my hand in her race to haul ass out of there.

A shame she was in such a hurry, else she might've gotten to see the nice unifingered salute I was giving her (beneath the countertop of course).
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

I swear, I hate people that is in a hurry, and cannot wait for more then 15 seconds. I will never understand that, if you are in a hurry to get to, for example: Work, School, then shopping most likely can wait til after said things.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Ugh. I hate people like that.

I have to question the practice of not giving clerks some measure of managerial power. In convenience stores, I was usually the only one there, so doing overrings and such was expected. In my current hotel life, we have up to $50 in petty cash and the authority to do other things to make a guest's stay better (or get him or her to rent a room from us and not move on!)

Why the long routine at supermarkets? Are they afraid the clerks will "give the store away"? It seems like bad business to me, especially since the managers will cave in more readily and give things away like $50 in king crab legs.

One of my peeves was when people would pump gas and stand off to the side to hand me exact money when I'm busy with a line of customers. Sure, it only takes a second, but this is behavior I never did myself. Maybe I'm just a mutant for getting in line like everyone else? Or perhaps it's good breeding...
      "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Comment

well I've worked in both lines of business and I still don't get the cashier thing at the grocery store. Now the gas station, I agree that it's just plain rude to push yourself in front of others but people are going to do it til the end of time.

Comment

Working...
        X