This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The egg (very bizarre)

Not sure if this should go under sightings or not.

I've been off work for nearly two weeks, which is why there haven't had any new stories recently. I took some study leave, as I've just finished university (today) and had to make the work the priority. I start back this week, so, today I walked down to my bar to check my hours.

Now, this is important. I handed the last of my assignments in earlier today. I went straight down to the bar after handing them in, and I hadn't been to sleep in nearly 48 hours. I was VERY cranky, my roommates begged me to have a nap before I went down to work, but I wanted to get it out the way.

It was 10am.

Me: Hey can I check my hours for this week?
    Co-worker: Yeah, managers out back, I'll go get him.

It was the HEAD manager, basically the guy that owns the bar. Fortunately, me and him get on really well, otherwise this might not have had a happy ending.

So, me and the manager stood at the bar and were having a chat. It wasn't busy, and there were other people on duty. I WASN'T behind the bar, so as far as another customer was concerned, I was just a normal paying customer.

An SC comes up to the bar, and throws a FRIED EGG on the bar top.

SC: Are you making fun of me?
    Manager: I'm sorry...what? (he was baffled at this egg)
    SC: THAT IS NOT HOW I HAVE MY EGGS!

This was a little old man talking to my manager, and my manager should have been a pro-wrestler. The manager was enjoying our conversation too much, and told a co-worker to get him a new egg. The manager has a backbone, but sometimes it is just easier to humour the customer.

The SC turns to me.

SC: And where the FUCK have you been?
    Me: Excuse me?
    SC: You...you...I know you...you used to work nights. Where have you been?
    Me: I'm sorry, but I don't think that's your business. (remember, I was CRANKY)
    SC: If you were here, I wouldn't have gotten such a bad egg, why weren't you here??

OK, I'm not sure if that was meant to be flattering.

Me: I do have a life outside these walls you know. (remember, I have been awake for 48 hours)
    SC: You...you...(he really enjoyed saying that)...you and your fucking eggs!

The co-worker returns with the new, perfect egg on a plate.

I grabbed the egg off the plate and placed it on the dirty bar top, EXACTLY like the SC did.

SC: Wha...my egg...you...you...your manager saw this! You're going to get fired!
    Manager: What exactly did I see sir? I don't recall seeing anything!

The old man scurried off, without his egg. The manager laughed and we carried on the conversation we were having!

I love my manager well, the head manager anyway. It's surprising how the head manager is so laid back and all the lower ones are a lot more anal.

Bad Pun Alert

Looks like that SC ended up with egg on his face...

Comment

What a rewarding moment. Hope you got lots of sleep!
      Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Bars serve eggs? I need to get out more...
        "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
        -FSTDT

Comment

*falls over laughing.....* come one can you get in trouble if you aren't working??? And anyways.... he deserved it.....

*hands out blankets and pillows so people will get sleep* im tired too...

Comment

Quoth Emmeileia View Post
            Looks like that SC ended up with egg on his face...

*Ba dum*....
            :: puts both drumsticks in hand, points at Emmeileia, drops sticks ::
            (stern face/voice)
            "no. you don't get a 'tish'. nope. just don't deserve it. i may never laugh again...."
            (stern face cracks)
            "gah, ok fine."
            :: picks up stick ::
            *tish*
            "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Sorry can't resist....

I have been looking for a good head manager. She must know how to plant tulips

Sometimes I wonder why I am still single, then a comment like that slips out, and I remember.....
              If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
              www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                It's surprising how the head manager is so laid back and all the lower ones are a lot more anal.
                That has happen way too often with managers I've worked under... it truly is very bizarre how a little bit, and I do mean a little bit, of power goes so quickly to people's heads.

I sure hope that the old SC thought that his egg was worth it.
                "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

Working...
                X