Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another one I got all the time at the movie theatre.

People would come up to the box office, look at the theathre mylars, look at the posters and then.......say it with me folks.....

"What movies do you have playing here?"

Or another one that I loved

SC: What time does blah blah play
    ME: 1:00, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, and 10:00
    SC: Do you have a 7:30 show?
    ME: No, 7:00
    SC: But I can't make it by 7!
    ME: Um.....come to the 10:00 performance?
    SC: I can't!
    ME: ...
    SC: ...
    ME: ...
    SC: ...

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
      From my son's days at Dollar Tree:

Do you sell milk and lunchmeat?
      There is a dollar store near where I live that does indeed sell Milk and small things of Lunchmeat.

Never seen them being sold at a Dollar Tree however.

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
        oh jeebus, yes!

SC: hi, you people just called and said my book was in.
        me: ...um yeah? what's your question?
        Aw, you beat me to it...I used to call a lot of orders. I always left very clear messages "This is B&N in MyTown calling for Soandso, the book you ordered is in (the 2 books you ordered; 2 of the 3 books you ordered, etc. - I did avoid saying titles, though..you never know what's a gift or whatever, and most people know what they ordered), we will hold it at the front register until X date." Didn't stop people from calling and asking "Is my book in?"

The registers used to print a separate little receipt for every gift card, with the card number and the balance. Which was nice, unless you were ringing up 100 cards for a school or something like that (). It printed when the card was issued so the customer could give it to the recipient if they wanted, and printed the balance every time you used it (even if the balance was $0). I guess they stopped that a few years ago, at least. And yeah, Christmas Eve or whenever, the last thing you want to do is do a separate balance check on every card just to get the customer a "gift receipt"....
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
          "What movies do you have playing here?"

You would be surprised how many people refuse to seek treatment for their illiteracy.

Comment

Two gems I've been asked in the last week:

SC: *shows me a 12 pk and a 24 pk of pills* Why does "this" box of pills cost more than "that" box of pills when they're the same brand?

Me: Maybe because "this" box has twice as many pills than "that" box?

SC: What's the difference between the chicken salad sandwich and the egg salad sandwich?

Me: *wild guess* One has chicken and the other has egg.
            A good fight is like a stick of broccoli, but different. Ich esse grüne Bohnen im Nude. ~ "Of Love and Bunnies"

Comment

These are buy one get one free. Can I just get the free one? I only need one.
              I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
              X