This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Questions: List 'Em!

we've all gotten 'em. i work in a bookstore (obviously) and there are some things that you've got no business even considering asking me. for example, just tonight someone asked if we sold concert tickets.

my other favorites include:

do you sell bonsai trees?
    what kind of moon is out tonight?
    do you offer classes on how to use tarot cards?
    do you do balloon deliveries?
    do you sell costumes?
    do you sell coleslaw?
    where're ya'll's books on ninjas?

i know there's more, but that's all i can think of right now.
    Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Just because I haven't paid my billing in four months why did you turn my phone off?
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Here's one:

Are you pregnant?

I almost knocked a guy on his @ss one day for asking me that question

Comment

"Thank you for calling *company* camera, this is ladyklack how can I help you?"

"Yeah-do you sell cameras there?"
        Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
          where're ya'll's books on ninjas?
          Well where are y'all's books on ninjas?
          Will you $*&£ing mind the $*&£ing doors!

Comment

near the manga right next to the books on how to be an iron chef and the big book of famous mimes
            I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

I've had a few jobs, but when I worked tech support for wireless internet I got:

Whats my password?

The worst part was that they never wrote it down and eventually they would forget it and call back!
              Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Gift Certificates: Don't ask how much a movie is when you buy gift certificates as the amount implies that it's how much you're willing to spend (5$ or 10$ amounts).

Quantity button:If I had a quantity button I'll use it, What makes you think asking if we do have that implies that we can just automatically do the quantity on your behalf for mentioning it?

Change: How can I make change appear out of nowhere if I don't have it. Do you believe things can happen out of thin air?

Can I return this without a receipt?: That defeats the purpose of a proof of purchase and people don't believe everyone is honest about their return.
                Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

I heard this one back during my first sale season selling shoes. Basically we have all the left shoes of every sale shoe out. I actually heard a customer ask:

"Are these on sale because you only have the left shoe?"

I also get asked, "Why are these on sale?", quite a bit.

Sale season brings out all the nuts at are store.

Comment

"Can I get a free sample?"

No, but See's Candies is halfway down the mall that way. Go scam them.

Comment

"Do you have the [insert name of particular state] quarters? Can I get some?"

Um, yeah...like I'm gonna sift through a load of quarters and pop open all the tightly-wrapped plastic rolls of quarters (on a side note, whoever invented those EEEEEEEEVIL plastic coin wrappers needs to DIAF) and hold up the line for a pissant request like that. NO. GO AWAY.
                      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

In no particular order:

How much is this? (holding item with price clearly marked)
                        When do ya'll close? (after being greeted on the phone with "Kinko's, open 24 hours." )
                        Do I have to pay?
                        How come ya'll are more expensive than Staples?
                        Can I get this right now or do I have to wait a second? ( )
                        Can I get Pasta e Fagioli with no beans? (Olive Garden. It's worth mentioning that "Fagioli" is Italian for "Beans." Just, you know, FYI.)
                        How come you can't put a square photo into a round frame without trimming it?
                        How come the fax I sent is still here? (people thinking faxes magically disappear and reappear somewhere else when they are faxed.)

Comment

For VIP and Bank Row:

What do you mean my regular pass can't get me in here!?!

VIP's closed? But the game started 10 minutes ago!

YOU WANT TO BET AN EXPENSIVE DINNER OVER THIS!?!?! (You should know who this is)
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
                            [

"It's too crowded in here - can you get us a table in a quieter section/a table by a window/a bigger table so we can spread out?"

[.[/I]

What...the...HELL?? Do people actually think waiters would confine people so close as to leave empty sections for special people like them? Things don't happen like magic as some SC's think but they can come when it's less crowded to enjoy their dinner but I guess they don't like people invading their personal space even though they do it all the time?
                            Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
                              In an Italian restaurant:

"What do you serve that doesn't have garlic? I'm allergic."

Upon hearing that we don't have a kids menu in the PUB I worked in:

"Well what are my children supposed to eat?"

"WHy did I get charged for the extra dressing/sauce/shot of alcohol I asked for?"

Why didn't you read the menu? Did you not notice that this is a RESTAURANT, not a charity? Why do you think that asking for MORE of something makes the extra free?
                              .[/I]
                              You should explain that garlic is in the vast majority of foodand since every cooking pot, spoon, etc is used to cook things with garlic everything is contaminated with garlic. If you say you are allergic to something you cannot risk having any cooking utensil, surface etc exposed to that substance since it could very well contaminate your nonalergic food.

As for asking about the added charges a restaurant is supposed to detail what things have an added cost. Shots of alcohol since it is a drink in itself it has a charge so that shouldn't be asked.

Dressings, sauce I have never been in a restaurant even a five star one that charged for those things. Unless said dressings, sauces were a meal in themselves. A lot of restaurants get hammered in reviews or shut down by the better business bureau for not listing prices of condiments etc. *MOD EDIT - Removed unnecessary trivia. A reminder, once again, that this is "CustomersSuck!" and not a political/social debate message board. ~Ree

As for" what are my children supposed to eat?" you should say well we don't want kids to eat here since they are nosiy so we don't have a child's menu or highchairs or coloring books.
                              Last edited by Ree; 05-12-2007, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X