Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a found a way to stop those "but I know the manager!" SCs cold in their tracks for the most part.

I simply respond: "Ok then, what's his/her full name?" (since a first name alone is too easy to grab off a name tag and if you really ARE their friend, you should darned well know the full name).

99% of the time they just slink away, there are a FEW of my managers close friends whom I will occasionally bend the rules for, but that's it.
    Last edited by CrazedClerk; 05-19-2007, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
      4) "I know the manager!" Oh, really? What a coincidence. So do I. Let's all do lunch. Bye now!
      Me: I've never seen you before in my life.

SC: Who are you?

Me: I'm surprised you don't recognize me! Since we're apparently the bestest of buddies. I'm the manager, and I told you no such thing (whatever bizarre demand the SC is making).

Always a fun conversation.
      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

One night, while working at my old cell phone store, one of my co-workers was locking the doors at 6 pm sharp. While she was half-kneeling to get the bottom lock, a guy stepped over her, made a crack about getting in "just in time" and proceeded to take his sweet time in getting a cell phone.

There's also the bitch that came in five minutes to close with her phone attached to her ear. She stood in the corner until almost two hours after close (we couldn't leave until the last customer did), chatting away. When she was done, she asked one of our sales reps to print a copy of her bill.

It was amazing that all these people conveniently forgot that the company had a kiosk that was open until 10 pm in the mall 5 miles down the road.

The only real irritation at the Big Box was during Christmas. We had already slid the grate down on the "Enter" doors signifying that we were closed and trying to get the customers out as quickly as possible so we could go home. About 10 minutes later, a family waltzed right in through the "Exit" doors and kept both the computer and my department behind for at least an hour after close because they could not make up their minds about what they wanted and did not want to wait until opening next day to buy a laptop.

They didn't even get any services and ended up buying the cheapest display model we had so they could get a gift card. Douchebags.
        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

The manager at my 2nd job tells people we close at 5:30. We close at 6:00. He does this so when people show up at exactly 5:30 we can help them properly without making us stay late.

Comment

closing

4:00 P.M. on Friday afternoon. That's when they call. I leave promptly at 4:15. The owner of the company wouldn't hold me up on Friday afternoon. I have to catch a BUS!
            But the advertising agency's will call at 4:00 P.M. on Friday and say' "Oh, and I really need this today, I have a meeting at 8:30 Monday morning"

-Rifles and clock towers Ahhhhhhh!

What happened to the other 39 hours and 45 minuets before now that you didn't call?
            "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Quoth sp00by View Post
              (For call center ops..)
              * They're the call that drops in 5min before your shift ends.. and keep you over arguing some petty thing.
              Arg...........I had a guy call me once about 3 minutes before the end of my shift and had me on the phone for 45 goddamned minutes arguing over stupid crap and demanding things not possible when one waits till 11 pm to rant about something that happened at 5..
              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

spOOby,
                I feel your pain.
                Weekly

-Birdysurfin
                "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I HATED those people. When I worked in the mall I would pull the gate down halfway (so the peopl einside could get OUT) and tell anyone else trying to get in that we were closed.

I would see people walking around the mall 2 HOURS before close desperately trying to get in after close.

If I go into a store even remotely close to closing i hurry. Tonight I decided to go to safeway at 11. I thought they closed at 2 am. They closed at midnight. I managed to do every bit of my shopping and be OUT of there by 1130. And I only touched stuff that I wanted to buy.

Of course, once a couple of years ago, DH and i were wandering through Pet Smart with no intentions of buying anything, just killing time. We spent about 30 minutes in there browsing. When we started out there were 2 or 3 employees standing next to the door and had to unlock it to let us out. They had CLOSED, made no announcement and no one told us anything! All the lights were on and everything.

I felt SO bad and did apologize.

Comment

The only time I've ever "kept" someone was in a kid's clothing store.

Mall (and store) closed at 9, we went into store at 8:50. Some alarm went off before we walked in. I can't remember if the gate was down half way when we went in or not, but again, it was 8:50 and we were only going to be a minute.

We ended up walking out like 2 minutes later because the people working were shooting us dirty looks and standing next to the gate.

We left they locked up. I'm all for wanting to go home, but if you close at 9:00 don't get upset if someone comes in at 8:50. It was a tiny store, we could'nt have stayed that long if we tried.

Comment

Working...
                    X