This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen on the TV this morning......

ON GMTV news (in the UK), a customer survey reveals that many customers think shop staff are, amongst other things, rude, ignorant, and do not know about their products.
    NO time for a link, as I'm on my lunch, but try looking at www.gm.tv. and you may find some more about it on there.
    So, what do we reckon to that then?

Quoth crazydaisy View Post
    We reckon that most retail corporations should pay their staff better and put more of them on full time (with benefits), so that there would be less turnover and higher morale. We also think that they should have logically implemented policies that encourage management to remove and bar problem customers, without fear of reprisal or overturning, so that the customers who make staffs' lives miserable aren't there any more.

Comment

we think that the customers that filled in that survey should be forced to work in a retail job for a fortnight on the lead up to Christmas. Let's see how long they last.

Comment

Quoth Lulu View Post
        Let's see how long they last.
        10 seconds. Tops.
        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Hmm to be completely fair, and for better, more honest statistics, they probably should have done the survey from the shop staff's point of view of what they think of the customers..... i.e. - if the customer is rude & ignorant, they should expect rude responses from the shop workers

Comment

Hey, you get what you give.
            Karma is a bitch.
            ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
              Hmm to be completely fair, and for better, more honest statistics, they probably should have done the survey from the shop staff's point of view of what they think of the customers
              But "the customer is always right"!!!!!!!!!*

*I do not personally agree with that, just seeing it from SCs' and coporates points of view.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh please... people always complain. That survey means nothing to me.

Comment

That survey is probably as accurate as any survey can be (as in probably not very).

Valid points were already made about companies not training/paying/treating their employees good enough for them to want to leap across the counter and start performing oral sex like SCs demand all workers do when they enter the store.
                  "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                    leap across the counter and start performing oral sex (snip) when they enter the store.
                    I want to shop at that store...

Comment

Warning: Rant ahead.

An Open Letter To Mr. "What Ever Happened to Customer Service":

I have no patience for people who do all their shopping at huge multinational corporate stores and then complain about the lack of customer service. These stores don't pay their employees well enough to stick around. These stores don't care about you. They care about volume.
                      You wanted to save a few pennies on groceries. You've done it. Your local mom-and-pop grocer, the one who was always willing to help you, to deliver in all weather, who paid their employees a living wage because they were like family, who trained their staff and themselves on the products to better serve their communities - these stores have now gone out of business. Because you decided to save a dime on that loaf of bread.
                      NOW you say you want customer service? Too bad. You no longer have that option. You've made your bed, now lie in it.

- Boozy

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                        An Open Letter To Mr. "What Ever Happened to Customer Service":
                        No offense, but telling us does nothing. Write that guy, write the people who produced this segment.

Comment

Quoth crazydaisy View Post
                          I reckon that the respondents have large farm implements lodged up their asscracks.

Boozy is exactly right. People piss and moan that there's no customer service and that the big stores are putting all the mom & pops out of business. As far as I'm concerned, they have no right to complain, When given a choice between low low prices and minimal service, and higher prices but exceptional service, they all chose the low low prices. Now they have to live with it.

Sorry, but you can't have flea market prices and Saks Fifth Avenue service.

However, I will grant them something on the product knowledge thing. My store talks a good game about having employees knowledgeable on its products, but the only training we ever get on them is a big binder describing all thge products and their features. Employees are supposed to read the whole, but they can't do it while on the clock (too busy doing other things) and they can't take the binder to breakroom with them to study. So if customers want to know a lot of technical information about an item, we can't always help them, and people do want to know these things before they make a purchase of hundreds or thousands of dollars.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Their forums are interesting (based on the same software as these, actually). There are either eleven or thirteen pages of comments, mostly from retail workers who have received the shitty end of the stick.

Not that I semi-plugged this site when I went there, of course... Wasn't me, your honour.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                              No offense, but telling us does nothing.
                              It makes me feel better to unload. That's something, isn't it?

(And isn't that what CS is here for?)

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                              X