This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Boozy is exactly right. People piss and moan that there's no customer service and that the big stores are putting all the mom & pops out of business. As far as I'm concerned, they have no right to complain, When given a choice between low low prices and minimal service, and higher prices but exceptional service, they all chose the low low prices. Now they have to live with it.
    I hate when people do that.

Using model railroading as an example....quite a few of the smaller hobby shops are being squeezed out by online stores (such as Walthers) and Ebay...simply because people don't want to pay the (slightly) higher prices. Yet, many of these same people turn around and bitch about how long it takes some of those stores to take care of problems. If it's not that, they'll bitch about the "lack of service" or how much it costs to ship something.

Give me a fucking break. (Sorry for the F-bomb, but this annoys the hell out of me.) Sure, you can get things for less, but you're usually getting the same in service after the sale. I always try to hit up the smaller shops first--in Pittsburgh we have A.B. Charles, easily the best hobby shop here! 15 years of buying from them, and I've *never* had a problem, even when trying to fix things that I've screwed up. If they don't have it? No problem--they'll order it, and it'll be in the following week. Not so with some of the other shops--I'm *still* waiting for an HO scale crane part I ordered in 2003 from one of the other shops. In fact, I've given up on that one--at least I got my money back

In short, I'd rather pay up a bit, and get better service.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

could someone post a link? I'm not finding it...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Bleh.... GMTV = obnoxious full-page flash ads...

I made the attempt, but GMTV's site isn't particularly friendly or well set-up. And Google wasn't helpful, either.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

http://chatroom.gm.tv/forums/ for their forums.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
            ...want to leap across the counter and start performing oral sex like SCs demand all workers do when they enter the store.
            Quoth coldcupofjoe View Post
            I want to shop at that store...
            I want to also.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              Warning: Rant ahead.

An Open Letter To Mr. "What Ever Happened to Customer Service":

- Boozy

I am so going to transfer that to a Word document, print it, and put it on my desk at work.

Comment

Working...
              X