This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
    Hey Mongo, if that was a prepaid phone, you spoke to us here at my job.

I know it's frustrating but I'm glad it worked out.
    It was a Cingular Go Phone with the Pick your plan package.

It was frustrating, but I kept my calm and my cool. I got my minutes back and the CSR didn't have to deal with a screaming entitlement whore...win-win.

Besides, when a company screws up it doesn't bother me all that much. It's how the company deals with the screw up that determines whether or not I ever do business with them again.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Yup, that was us.

To tell you the big secret here, escalations (the people who gave you back your minutes) has a lot of leeway in their decisions. In other words, if you're nice to them, you're much more likely to get your minutes back. Most of the escalations people have phones through us too, so they can empathize with losing $40 worth of rollover minutes, and if you ask nicely, they will often give them back.

Oh, and your truthful demeanor helped as well. We have VERY finely tuned bullshit meters from this job, and if you tell us the truth, we tend to have more respect for you (even if the truth makes you look not so hot). People who tell us obvious lies are filed away to be made fun of later.

My department are the ones who would have left you the text message (and told you about the address snafu). I wonder how that old address got in there. Hmmm...
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

I wonder how many lurkers there are around here who really do get torqued off that this place even exists.
        I remember the old boards would get someone about 2X a year who'd complain and then get thier ass handed to them by the posters. Does this version of the site ever get complaints and hate mail?

Comment

Very occasionally, I'll get some form of incoherent complaint. I may have had two since I took over, which is a couple of christmases ago.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Very occasionally, I'll get some form of incoherent complaint. I may have had two since I took over.
            Rapscallion
            Are they already posted somewhere? If not, care to share?

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
              My department are the ones who would have left you the text message (and told you about the address snafu). I wonder how that old address got in there. Hmmm...
              Since the go phone was purchased under my old debit card (Greendot card) under my old address...I can see where it came from. It was in the system previously.

However when I discovered that Greendot sucked major arse I left them and got a real bank account (the story of that little fiasco can be found here). Once I got the new account I went ahead and switched the Debit Card information as well as the address. This card was working fine for a goodly while, built up the extra minutes, no problems with the card until <wham> here we are.

I can see where it came from, just not why. My current theory is that it might have happened somehow as a result of some database consolidation that occurred after the AT&T/Cingular merger...but that's just a wild guess and quite probably way off target.

M
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

If a customer is nice to me and takes just a small amount of responsibility for the incident (when applicable--it's not always their fault ), I'll take money off the rental, even if we're not obligated to. If s/he is reasonable and I can justify it to my bosses, I'll bend over backwards for them. But if s/he comes on my line screaming, name calling and being abusive, and blaming everyone, I'll do the bare minimum, and if I can justify not taking money off the rental, they get nothing.
                Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
                ~Oscar Wilde

Comment

Quoth coldcupofjoe View Post
                  Are they already posted somewhere? If not, care to share?
                  I put the last one in the mod section for a giggle.

The following message was sent to you via the Customers Suck! Contact Us form by john joe.
                  --------------------------------
                  this is the stupidest excuse for fiction writing I have ever seen. (1.) Video cameras that tape sound and the replay proves him right, but some psycho bullies the management into caving in. RIDICULOUS (2.) Why would anyone buy vinegar at a 7-11? DOESNT MAKE SENSE (3). He knows "...all the police in the area..." WHERE IS THE POLICE REPORT??? (4) His lawyer, served him that day??? NOT A BIGGER PIECE OF BS IN THE WHOLE PIECE. The lawyer, not necessarily concerned with keeping his/her license, ;a.) serves some guy without doing due diligence on his/her clients claim (that would never be the first step, the first step WOULD ALWAYS BE A DEMAND LETTER, how could he/she even serve the defendant without first filing the action at the local court. COMPLETE BULLSHIT. the rest is too much for me to even go on about, but some loser working the night shift at 7-11 got fired and had this fantasy to get even in his own mind.
                  --------------------------------
                  Referring Page: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/r...p?do=addmember
                  IP Address: *********
                  User Name: Unregistered
                  User ID: 0
                  We think he was referring to the Vinegar Boy saga and unaware that it took place over several months. Apart from that, I can't recall anything else.

Rapscallion

Comment

:dies laughing:

Looks like Vinegar Boy found out how to get online.
                    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

*snicker*

I wonder the the author of that poorly-written missive is aware that the Vinegar Boy saga took place in Australia? Obviously he missed the part about having recordings of both of the managers being abusive in phone messages. That alone is enough to go direct to action, regardless of any other considerations.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I noticed if I'm upset about anything or not as cheerful as usual then customers tend more to focus in like predators and act worse than usual. It's like they attack weakness.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          We think he was referring to the Vinegar Boy saga

Rapscallion
                          All I can say to the Vinegar Boy story is Oh... My... Wow... WTF? There's not words for that.

As to the hatemail, verbalization is just completely beyond entirely...

Comment

Last Friday, a bunch of kids at my local gaming store ordered six pizzas at 10:30 at night to be delivered to the store. And they complained about the thirty minute wait. Then the little pissant that was my opponent during that round said that it was going to take a long time because "the pizza people are lazy."

How I was able to control my fist of death, I'll never know. But I did warn him that his particular attitude was a very good method of persuading the "pizza people" to spit in his food.
                            A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
                            X