This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You took my order too fast!

Today, I took an order from a slow customer. I tried to hurry things up since I didn't feel like waiting forever for him to finish. He then tried some small talk, but I just tried to get that order finished. Apparently, he had to talk to the manager because I didn't respond to his small talk. He said that I did my job alright, but I made him feel rushed, so he talks the manager's ear off. I have work to do, and even if I didn't, I don't feel like spending all night talking to this @$$hole about how I'm doing today.

You just can't win with some people. It's not your fault you want to do your job in a timely fashion. It's also not your fault he apparently has no one else in the world to talk to.
    Really, whichever side of the counter I happen to be on, I don't expect people to keep me entertained. I wonder how he'd feel if you came to his job and tried to talk his ear off. Actually, he might be thrilled.

Comment

Some people are just lonely... At all my jobs I've had people who wanted to chew my ear off who I just didn't have the time to chat with (I notice they come when it's really busy, or keep holding me there even though I'm long finished helping them and another customer is waiting)

I will talk to anyone who wants to chat, for the most part. I just can't when I'm busy. Once in awhile I'm grateful it gets busy 'cause some people are just plain weird..or gross..and then they are the minority I don't want to chat with!!!

Once I was chatting with a cute little old lady, and I wanted to let her go on about her grandkids, but I couldn't cause there was a customer in line behind her...I kind of felt bad having to brush her off (I did so as gently as possible!) She was obviously a little lonely, and just wanted someone to show her pictures to...
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Yeesh!!!! He probably would have also complained if you took his order too slow. Guess you just can't win with some people.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I remember one incident during my movie theater days: This man came up to the box office to buy tickets. But he wanted to chit chat first before telling me what movie he wanted. It was a busy day too, and people were waiting behind him. After he rambled on for several minutes, I told him that it is busy and I need to keep the line going. After he finally bought his ticket, he said I was very rude. Then as the ticket line thinned out, I had to open up a register at the concession stand. Wouldn't you know it, the same guy comes up to my line and loudly yells that I didn't serve him in a professional way and he wanted to speak to a manager. The manager came out and the guy just yelled. My manager finally asked him to leave because he was being obnxious and was cursing. When he left, everyone waiting in the lobby clapped!!!! After seeing the scene that guy caused, everyone I served was very nice to me.

Comment

Working...
          X