This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay home

I was talking the other day to a coworker.We were talking about how funny it would be if all of us "peaon" workers would just stay home one day. All the rich,smug,self important,asshole,and jerks would lose it. Think about all the things they couldn't get. I'm just so tired of being treated like a moron because I work behind a cash register. Do you guys think that the jerks would see the errors of their ways.Autually lets be honest the sucky ones would just bitch becasue we were closed for one day

But they DO bitch about being closed for one day-It's called Christmas Day.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Not every place is closed Christmas though Lots of Food places and gas stations around here, at least, are still open.
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

There have been days I just wanted to hand over my uniform and tell the entitled bastards that if they think they can do my job any better they're willing to give it a shot.
        They might think I'm a moron for being behind a register but I'd love to watch them fall all over themselves trying to use one.

Comment

Yeah, we get people angry about that. We get more people angry because we close early on Christmas Eve.

When one SC asked why we were closing so early, I told her, quite bluntly, "Because we have families, too, and we would like to spend time with them."

The store where I work is closed two days out of the year: Easter and Christmas. We're only open on Thanksgiving until 3PM, and they only schedule people who volunteer for it (they pay time-and-a-half on holidays).
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
            Not every place is closed Christmas though Lots of Food places and gas stations around here, at least, are still open.
            USED to be everything was closed on Christmas. Used to be that was SACROSANCT. The only people who worked were emergency workers, powerplant... the absolute bare minimum we could get by with in a day. At least that's how I remember it.

Now... hell, Wal-Mart is gonna have a Christmas Day SALE! Come do your banking! WE WILL SCHEDULE EXTRA PEOPLE TO REINFORCE THE IDEA THAT OUR EMPLOYEES ARE NOTHING BUT DRONES WITH NO LIVES OR FAMILIES!
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post

Now... hell, Wal-Mart is gonna have a Christmas Day SALE! !

I thought the only day Wally World is closed was Christmas? Are they going to open now?! As if they dont make enough $$ the other 364 days?

Comment

Oh, it was kind of sucky of me, but when I was a trainer, I called in more frequently than I ever did in my entire tenure. And if I wasn't calling in, I was taking random Thursday or Sunday nights off as often as possible (depending on how much vacation time I had). The days I took off, no one could really bitch about because it's my time and I have every right to use it, but meh...

I did it a lot for my own mental health and to be vindictive and force others to spend a night in my shoes, in hopes that they'd see what I went through and see why I felt the way I did. Usually people were pissed when I was gone and they had to babysit trainees for me.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  There have been days I just wanted to hand over my uniform and tell the entitled bastards that if they think they can do my job any better they're willing to give it a shot..
                  You just reminded me of my first retail job...1979 OMG!!!! I worked the graveyard shift, and it was my first encounter with the 'eskimo lady' -- called that because she wore a fur-edged scarf ALL THE TIME!! (Saw her two years ago, still wearing it!!)

She would come into the store (grocery) after midnight on Tuesday night because Wednesday was 'double coupon day'. On this night, I was called to bag for her. No biggie, right? Not until I put three canned veggies in the big paper bag; she looked in the bag, and said, "That's enough."

Looking slightly confused at her, I put a 4-roll pack of T.P. on top of the cans. She YANKS the T.P. out of the bag, snarling,"I said, That's ENOUGH!"

I proffered the next empty paper bag to her, asking, "You wanna bag 'em?" and walked away.

Caught some shite for that one....

Comment

Come on. You and me both know they bitch about stores being closed any day, for any reason.

"Due to thermonuclear zombie apocalypse, the store is closed until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience."

SC : How can you be closed ? This is unconceivable ! Where else am I supposed to get my very trivial and insignificant overpriced item that I'd like you to believe my life depends on ? I demand your manager !

And then a zombie eats whatever little brains the SC has.
                    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                      I feel sorry for the zombie.

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                        USED to be everything was closed on Christmas. Used to be that was SACROSANCT. The only people who worked were emergency workers, powerplant... the absolute bare minimum we could get by with in a day. At least that's how I remember it.
                        And Chinese restaurants! I remember one Christmas Eve when I had done inadequate grocery shopping and had no real food in my house. I was sooo hungry. I drove around town, looking everywhere, and was sooo releived to find a Chinese restaurant open. I kept thinking "Oh, Thank God for Buddhists!" as I ate my mu-shu.
                        Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                          You just know the Zombie's going to get brain poisoning.
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Two for one sale.

No more SC's, no more brain eating zombies. OH! Since I can't tell the difference, I can just smoke SC's and say oops, looked like zombies.....

SCORE! Now where is that damn Zombie Apocalypse when ya need it?
                            "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                            James from Pokémon.

Comment

The movie of this has in a sense already been made . . .called "A Day without a Mexican"
                              Basically California wakes up and their are no Latino's to be found. (used the terms on IMDB about the movie)

Yes, it touches on some issues other than just grunt workers being out.

Comment

Working...
                              X