This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kat View Post
    Me: You scanned some alcohol, so I just have to see his idea.
    SC: What the hell is this? How dare you, he is my son!
    B: -Taking out his ID-
    SC: He's 22 but that's not the point! How can you people ask that, he's my son!!
    Me: I'm sorry ma'am, but I have to card everybody that looks under forty, and
    SC: He's my son!
    I have never understood this, this happened to my SIL at WallyWorld when her son was only 14. Does this make sense to anyone? Are we supposed to leave our kids at home when we go shopping and pickup beer or wine or whatever? I understand the concept, but some people take it too far.
    Tamezin

Comment

I like self check outs and usually do not have a problem at them. However, I do think many people look at them as the "I can be sneaky and buy something I'm not allowed to buy" line. What's to keep an eight year old child from buying a kitchen knife and then taking it to school? Or what's to keep an underaged person from buying beer when they're 17? Well, the answer is there! The employees that stand up front paying attention to these machines.

As for that lady getting bitchy about her 22 year old son being carded, this is the attitude of most people. Even if you're old enough to drink, it's as if it literally kills these people to take the extra ten seconds to pull out their ID. On the other hand, those that pitch a fit usually have something to hide anyway, like they're not old enough.
      Last edited by greensinestro; 08-22-2008, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I have never seen everyone in the party get carded while purchasing anything, just the person paying for it. I am not sure how this can be legal - what if I had my teenage child with me while buying some alcohol? If he's under 21 I can't buy it? I'd leave any store that pulled that on me.
        WoW addict: Rogue, Paladin, Hunter, Priest!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Plenty of older people get frustrated because they can't complete their purchase until someone comes over to verify they're old enough to buy their wine or whatever.(
          I get frustrated when that happens and there is no employee in sight to verify. I wouldn't mind waiting a few extra seconds for someone to check my id, but if you're not going to have anyone there . . .

Oh, and I just remembered another reason I hate them, so:
          #6. Places that install the things seem to have fewer checkers in the regular lines and therefore longer lines at the manned checkouts. If there is enough demand for human checkers that you have long lines it would be nice to see more human checkers. Besides, I like saying hi and have a nice day to people who probably don't get that much during the day.
          Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
            We card if they look under thirty but you know its better safe than sorry because its your ass on the line. That lady needed a serious chill pill. I hope that kid doesn't live with his mom or he should get the hell out asap!
            I personally find it annoying to be carded because, hey, I've earned my grey hairs - my greys, let me show you them. However, I am never ever ever rude or bitchy about it. I don't understand people who are. Peeps are just doing their jobs.
            Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Working...
            X