Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm personally happy with Nescafé instant with milk and plenty of sugar (usually demerara). It doesn't actually wake me up very much, so it's more of a comfort drink.

However, when I *do* need to stay awake quite seriously for some reason, I dig out the coffee machine and make a full pot of the mildest roast I can easily find. That works pretty damn well, though staying awake for 36 hours straight is still not a pleasant experience. The caffiene-rush after-effects tend to disrupt my sleep for a while afterwards, making it even less pleasant. But when necessary, it works! (And still with milk and plenty of sugar. I find coffee undrinkable without at least the sugar.)

Comment

So....I must be the only one who brews French Roast and Tea together.

Why, yes, I killed my tastebuds. Actually, I did it quite by accident with my mouth-wash (Peanut butter hasn't tastes the same for two weeks now, it's like I burned my tongue).

*Sips his Coffee-Tea and reads a book*
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post

Speaking of that, if French Roast is high-test then Turkish would probably be, what, racing fuel? Which leaves me trying to figure out what you'd call 22oz cup full of Espresso brewed up like normal but consumed as coffee.
        Um, my normal bedtime treat=)

Though I am an army brat and married to a navy guy for the past 18 years ...
        We refer to decaf as the antichrist =) We make coffee that can pretty much climb out of the cup and salute =) and turkish coffee made with cardamom is phenomenal!
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          So....I must be the only one who brews French Roast and Tea together.
          Ahh.. I saw Coffee-Tea in the Foxtrot comic strip and was entirely too afraid to try it - thought no one actually drank that!

I have, however, had coffee brewed with tequilla as well as tea brewed with tequilla. The tea was better - made for a good cocktail with lemonade added.

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          I swear I've heard decaf referred to as "Why Bother" before somewhere.
          I've heard that said of Diet Caffeine-Free sodas.
          Last edited by Broomjockey; 08-21-2008, 08:06 PM. Reason: multi-quote
          Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
            Ahh.. I saw Coffee-Tea in the Foxtrot comic strip and was entirely too afraid to try it - thought no one actually drank that!
            Actually, I saw it in a friend's Author charactor before I began collecting the Foxtrot books. I guess I know where she got her inspiration now. Wonder why I never connected the two before?
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Deceptitech View Post
              Myself, I am a coffee snob. I grind and brew my own, using specific beans and other things. Now I am not an artist by any means.

I am a mad scientist. I hacked into my coffee pot and set the thermostat to the right temperature. I adjusted the flow to the right speed to make sure the brew time is consistant.

I watch Good Eats... Nuff said.
              yay Good Eats, the geeks cooking show
              http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

I live in Washington State, I have coffee instead of blood running through my veins . I can drink it right before bed and still sleep. I just love the taste of it. I will go to the mermaid place if I am dieing or out of town. Otherwise it is a couple of local places that make the best White Russian (Kahula and White Chocolate Mocha) and it isn't the holiday season until I have my Butter Rum Egg Nog Latte

My husband however hates the stuff, but he knows where to get it and not to stand in my way if I say I will kill someone for it.

I love your names for the coffee. And Decaf is just wrong.
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I love the smell of coffee, too. Can't stand the taste.

The town I grew up in has a Nestle coffee plant and you can smell it all over town shortly before it rains. I love it!

Oddly enough, I will drink coffee-flavored chocolate, but I cannot drink chocolate-flavored coffee.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm not picky about where i get my coffee, i've been known to go through Jack In The Box's drive through for a cup. I prefer regular for taste, but can drink decaf as caffeine is mostly ineffectual on me (i've a really, really screwed up metabolism).
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      The town I grew up in has a Nestle coffee plant and you can smell it all over town shortly before it rains. I love it!
                      Slightly OT.

Speaking of smells, we were going to a restaurant on York Road on the north side of Baltimore. As we walked from the car to the restaurant, we were assailed with a strong smell of curry. We were trying to figure out where an Indian restaurant was in the area when we realized it was the nearby McCormick's factory making curry spice. It sure smelled wonderful.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                        Am I the only one who hates the smell of coffee here? I get physically nauseous if I'm too close to the stuff.
                        Nope. The stuff makes me sick normally and now, what with being pregnant and my sense of smell therefore on overdrive, the smell of it makes me want to puke. Luckily Momma's coffee maker doesn't make it smell too much.

Give me hot apple cider with whip cream and I'm a happy happy girl. (There's a Starbucks on the street level of the building I'm buying a condo in. This could be dangerous for me, as I LOVE their caramel cider and their peppermint brownies. But the coffee smell could get to me! )
                        Gryffltherclaw: Because who says you have to pick just one?

Proud to have crushes on fictional characters.

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                          i have one to add above your high test mongo. i discovered it on a camping trip as a boy. its called gorrilla coffee. take a 2.5 lb can of coffee add to a 1 gallon perc pot, fill water to below spout and boil for 3 hours. when the coffee takes the bark off a stick its done. pour a small amout of cold water in to settle the grounds and drink. most of the guys drank it black. found out why later, it will curdle skim milk. the name is because it makes you grunt the first sip and would keep a silverback up for days
                          Ahhh, good ol camp coffee. Brings back memories of working at a boy scout camp. We were using one of those large percolators, held 60-100 cups, and the camp director would fill the perc basket close to the top, rather than to the marking line(about 3x "normal" strength). Still wasn't strong enough for him, lol. He'd fill a vac pot or two, taking about half the coffee out of the large perc, fill it back up with water, replace the coffee, and run the brew cycle again.

Most of the staff used the coffee from the vac pots at breakfast, but a few of us got used to the "paint stripper", as it was nicknamed. I'd usually fill up a 32oz insulated mug and add a dollop of pancake syrup.

Comment

Working...
                          X