• Show
Clear All

• The most classic line I have heard from a customer

I heard many sucky lines in the past but this one takes the cake

"I am not as rich as X company"

Yes, a customer actually told me that and get this she has been paying us

drumroll please.....

29.95 for her internet.

The smartass in me wanted to tell her straight up that it doesn't take a rich person to cough up 30.00 unless you are jobless and what's really more pathetic is the fact that she has been past due 3 times and currently has no OOL service because of it.

I mean come on, I could understand customers with 100+ balances not making their payments on time but come on 30 is nothing compared to what OTHER people are paying.
    Last edited by MoonChild2007; 08-21-2008, 09:05 PM.

I get a similar line a lot with my costuming business:

"I'm poor, so I can't pay you right away. I can't even afford soap right now! lulz"

Well, if you can't afford even basic hygiene products, you have bigger problems than paying for a Naruto costume to wear to Otakon.

But that's okay. I'll still be here when you have the money. But I'm going to work with this other person that does have the money for her deposit while you get your shit together. (Speaking of which, I can't wait to start drafting that Count of Monte Cristo costume tonight. )
    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
      I get a similar line a lot with my costuming business:

"I'm poor, so I can't pay you right away. I can't even afford soap right now! lulz"

Well, if you can't afford even basic hygiene products, you have bigger problems than paying for a Naruto costume to wear to Otakon.

But that's okay. I'll still be here when you have the money. But I'm going to work with this other person that does have the money for her deposit while you get your shit together. (Speaking of which, I can't wait to start drafting that Count of Monte Cristo costume tonight. )
      See, now, if it were me, I'd just flat out tell them, "A costume is a novelty item. Soap is not. Buy soap first, and use it before you go to a con, fercrissakes."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
        Cosplayers who have a problem with hygiene? Unheard of! [/sarcasm]

But, about the OP, I've gotten that line a lot from the Medicaid recipients who claim to be unable to purchase the OTC items their doctor prescribed (that their insurance won't cover) but immediately head to the front register to buy a pack of cigarettes.
        Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
          at a recent 3 day con, on day 2 there was a guy in a fabreeze costume spraying smelly fanbois. some of which hadn't showered in months from the aroma.
          This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
          my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
            at a recent 3 day con, on day 2 there was a guy in a fabreeze costume spraying smelly fanbois. some of which hadn't showered in months from the aroma.
            This is one of the reasons that I'm super-glad that my "home" convention is moving to a bigger venue. Really people, hold back $200 of the money you're dropping in the dealer's room and get a room at the hotel. You get a place for your stuff, a snuggly bed and a shower. And if you grab some friends, you can spread out the cost to make it affordable!
            A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post

But, about the OP, I've gotten that line a lot from the Medicaid recipients who claim to be unable to purchase the OTC items their doctor prescribed (that their insurance won't cover) but immediately head to the front register to buy a pack of cigarettes.

Get that in the ER all the time.
              SC's want us to give them their prescription......that way it is added to a bill they will never pay.
              One nurse I work with would flat out tell patients that if they quit smoking for a few days, (to only the smokers obviously), they can afford their scripts.
              Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.---Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Working...
              X