This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I Am Radio Goddess

Apparently corporate has decided to release a new radio commercial for our store, and it mentions chemicals are half off. Now, the truth of the matter is only 7 chems are actually half off, 6 are cheaper by the case, and the rest are full price. It has been this way for more than a month.

Then I am graced this afternoon by His Majesty King Asshat the Millionth when he appraoches my counter with 3 gallons of shock. I ring them through and tell him the total, and he immediately shouts "No!"

I ask him the problem, and he says "They should be $1.50 each!" I tell him that is the Econo Shock, which is weaker than what he brought over (and for the record, what he brought over is $4.99/gal.) He then insists that they should be half off, all chems are half-off. I inform him that they are not, not this stuff anyway, and the year-end sale he's thinking of we are not even doing this year.

Now he bellows that I should give him a discount for his trouble. He continues to rant and rave, sating he's paid $2.49 elsewhere, he's paid that much here, bladdy bladdy blah. I refuse to budge.

He then accuses me of faulty advertising and points an accusing finger at me (a la Phoenix Wright) and says "Change that radio ad right now!" and I tell him "I'll get right on that sir." In a joking tone, of course.

He stands there. Expectantly. Then, I swear to God, he morphed into Inflato-Human, and started swelling up like a bullfrog. I ask him what's wrong, and he shouts "Why aren't you changing that ad?" "Because I'm not awesome enough to control radio," I tell him.

He pays and leaves, and as a final act his wife drives his black Benz in front of the store, he rolls the window down, and bites his thumb at me. No shit.

Bye to you too, Your Majesty.

Quoth Nashida View Post
    He pays and leaves, and as a final act his wife drives his black Benz in front of the store, he rolls the window down, and bites his thumb at me. No shit.
    "Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?"
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

He bit his thumb at you? Like in Romeo and Juliet kinda thing? Wow...
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
        He bit his thumb at you? Like in Romeo and Juliet kinda thing? Wow...
        He did. Because he was apparently too classy to give me the finger, so he gave me the thumb instead.

Comment

If there is a chance that that person is Neopolitan or Sicilian then that gesture is the equivalent of giving someone the middle finger.
          Biting the heel or open palm is a threat of vendetta.
          "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
          -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

And if you follow "Taxi" then flicking your teeth with a nail is an apology!

Comment

"No, sir. But I do bite my thumb."
              Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
                If there is a chance that that person is Neopolitan or Sicilian then that gesture is the equivalent of giving someone the middle finger.
                Biting the heel or open palm is a threat of vendetta.
                How do you even DO that?

I mean, how can you bite your own palm without looking like you're spitting a tic tac into your hand or trying not to puke?
                Women can do anything men can.
                But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                Maxine

Comment

Ya know how sometimes you prop up your head (like in class or waiting at a counter for something) on your palm because you just like to prop on stuff? Your fingers tend to be curled in a very loose fist right in front of your chin. Well, instead of propping your head on your palm, you just shove that part in your mouth so your top chomper are resting in your palm and your bottom chompers on your wrist (if your mouth is that big) or heel of your hand (*Sings* the thumb connects to the hand bone, the hand bones connects to the arm bone, the arm connects to the funny bone-which isn't really all that funny~).
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                    How do you even DO that?

I mean, how can you bite your own palm without looking like you're spitting a tic tac into your hand or trying not to puke?
                    dude you need to see more moves, try to look really upset, think sbout a fight youve had if you need to and bite your palm in the mirror trust me you will look like a pyscho capiable of killing someone

Comment

Biting one's thumb at someone is supposed to be some kind of insult? I'd be hard pressed no to laugh or say "bon appetit" myself.
                      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Perhaps you need a sign on the door. "NO CAUPULETS ALLOWED

Comment

The guy was sucky, but I hate radio ads that are promoting some huge sale, then at the very end pack in all the fine print spoken fast by someone who could give an auctioneer a run for his money and that no reasonable person could ever understand.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

He may have a legitimate beef here. Does the radio ad state that only certain chemical items are half off or cheaper by the case?

And does it do so slowly enough that people can understand, or is it spoken asfastaspossible so that you don't understand?

The customer definitely was a twit about it, but if the ad is unclear or leaves out important information, there's only going to be more SCs where that one came from.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Tell him you'll give it to him at that price if he takes a good swig of it right there in the store.
                              I will never go to school!

Comment

Working...
                              X