This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    He may have a legitimate beef here. Does the radio ad state that only certain chemical items are half off or cheaper by the case?

And does it do so slowly enough that people can understand, or is it spoken asfastaspossible so that you don't understand?

The customer definitely was a twit about it, but if the ad is unclear or leaves out important information, there's only going to be more SCs where that one came from.
    As a matter of fact, it doesn't go into specifics, just says All Chemicals are half off. Which means unless they pick up a flyer in the store to see what's actually on sale, they're going to assume it's everything. Then, when either myself or one of my managers inform them otherwise, they get pissy.

Maybe it's time to invest in some full body armor....

Comment

SHAKESPEARE'D!
      Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
        If there is a chance that that person is Neopolitan or Sicilian then that gesture is the equivalent of giving someone the middle finger.
        Biting the heel or open palm is a threat of vendetta.
        Biting my palm or theirs?

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        He may have a legitimate beef here.
        Yeah, but he doesn't have to be a d-ck about it. In his position, I might have been a bit grumpy and told the employee that I thought it sucked that their ad wasn't more specific, but I wouldn't have demanded they give me the price I wanted nor would I have bit my thumb at them! Sheesh. It's like he's 12 or something.

Edit: Not that that means the store isn't responsible for their confusing ad..
        Last edited by bloodrose; 08-22-2008, 10:23 PM.
        Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
          As a matter of fact, it doesn't go into specifics, just says All Chemicals are half off. Which means unless they pick up a flyer in the store to see what's actually on sale, they're going to assume it's everything. Then, when either myself or one of my managers inform them otherwise, they get pissy.

Maybe it's time to invest in some full body armor....
          That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, your marketing people who put this ad out need a good
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

They do, they really do.

And I should. I mean, my nametag can kinda double as a shuriken if need be, but that only really works from a distance.

Comment

Quoth PossJB View Post
              "No, sir. But I do bite my thumb."
              "But do you bite your thumb at ME, sir?"
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
              X