This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F***ing Morons!

I had the pleasure to deal with these two idiots today....

Idiot 1:

Background Info: We have been having a issue with the generator transfer switch in our store. When ever the gen started, either because of a power failure or test, after the test it would not switch over all the circuits back to city power. We have three basic lighting zones in our store

1. general sales floor
    2. signage/display cases/decorative(to enhance certain products and end caps)
    3. Emergency(just selected regular lights on gen and city power)

and non computer controlled lights, such as back rooms and offices.

So today we hand the electricians arrive today to fix the issue. Now to do all this work, they had to shut off power to parts of the store at times.

Idiot 1A:
    They have waited until it is dead and shut down all but 4 four front end registers. I have a closed sign at my side register, plus the screen is dark.

SC: Can you ring up my coffee?
    Me: I'm sorry but we are having some electrical work done and only the front end registers are running.
    SC: So you can't ring up my coffee?
    Me: No, sorry.
    SC: I don't want it then. *stomps off*

Yes, how dare we maintain our stores.

Idiot 1B:
    All the computer controlled lights (general sales floor and display) lights are off leaving the emergency and back room lights on. It is 'you have three lamps in one room but only have the one in the middle on' dark.

*SC stands for stupid custoemr*
    SC: You know it is really dark in here.
    Me: we are having some work done to the electrical system and they had to shut off some lights to make the repairs.
    SC: what kind of work?
    Me: They are testing the emergency lights.(my easiest excuse)
    SC: Well, it is certainly different in here now. I hope they fix it soon.
    Me: *I actually lie it a little darker* Me too.

A few seconds later, they turned on the general sales floor lights.

SC: That was quick. You people respond quickly to my issues.
    Me: have a good day.

Yeah, i'm sure the guy in the back room next to all the electrical equipment really hear you say that. Idiot.

Idiot 2:

I was doing my nightly clean up. It was after 7:30 PM, which means I can finish up breaking down the coffee bar. After 7:30 until 9 we leave only 3 flavors and clean up the milk and sugar area. We post a sight saying "If you need milk or creamer please see the bakery associate" where the milk normally is. I was on the sales floor when I watch a guy get a cup of coffee. I head over to see if her needs milk, he walks over the the milk area, see no milk and just opens or beverage cooler with little juices, milks, water, etc and takes out a container of milk, opens it and starts to our some in his coffee. He finishes at starts to put it back in the cooler with all the other UNOPENED milks.

I walk over...

Me: sir, can I have that milk please.
    SC: Why?
    Me: Since it has been opened I can not sell it by law. It must be destroyed.
    SC: What do you mean opened?
    Me: Would you drink an open container of milk?
    SC: How dare you accuse me of opening this!
    Me: Sir, it has been captured on video *points to camera*
    SC: You guys give me the worst service every time I come in. *stomps off*

I told the MOD who found it on video and alerted the DM and Corp. Customer Service. Now all LP people in the district will know about this. Every day I work in a supermarket, the less I want to eat the food sold their, unless it is in a can.

Typical dumbass behavior
    If they have to walk an extra 10 feet or they don't see what they are looking for.They make up their own rules and expect something for free.

Comment

hee hee, i worked in the bakery/coffee department of a grocery store, and we had our pastry case on one endcap in the grocery section.... someone would come by once a week or so, reach his hand in the case, and pull off the top part of a muffin. we referred to him as the Muffin-Top Bandit.

Comment

Quoth Cordiform View Post
        we referred to him as the Muffin-Top Bandit.
        Isn't "Muffin top" a slang way to refer to the fold of skin that hangs down over the belt when you wear tight jeans?
        "Sure, you can steal my muffin top..."
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          etc and takes out a container of milk, opens it and starts to our some in his coffee. He finishes at starts to put it back in the cooler with all the other UNOPENED milks.

We had a great coffee lash-up at my c-store; good selection, flavored creamers, and dispensers with real half and half.
          Not good enough for one lady. Took me a while to catch her but she would regularly pour her coffee, wait until we weren't looking, go into dairy and pull out and open a 1/2 pint of half and half. She'd pour some in her coffee and then just leave the rest on the counter in front of the coffee.
          When confronted she explained that she liked her creamer "fresh." Not apologetic at all about A.) Using the expensive individual servings instead of the bulk (of the same EXACT brand) containers we used for the dispenser. or B.) Leaving the rest of the 3/4ths full half pint sitting there to be thrown away.

sheesh.

Comment

Working...
          X