This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ungrateful schmuck!

I just got this story from one of my co-workers and I think this one made me die a little inside. As I've mentioned before I work for MAW. We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
    We don't check into the financial backgrounds of the families. If a child is sick and has a wish, he or she qualifies.

We granted the wish of one such child a few months ago. He and his family live in Chicago and the child's wish was to go to Los Angeles with his family.
    And apparantly having a potentially dying child does not stop a parent from being an utter and complete ass!
    The child's father complained about how we set up the wish before hand. We don't know how to do it according to him. He's a rock promoter and says he can show us how it should be done. This went on for a few weeks before the wish was granted.
    The week of the wish, all was quiet. After they get back home he started calling us again and again! The car we hired for the family wasn't good enough. He drives a Hummer so he knows. The hotel where we booked the family was not the best. He is used to the best. The gifts for the child were crap. He says apparantly we don't raise enough money since we can't afford to put them up in the best hotels! So he told us he is planning on contacting the media as well as all of his big business contacts about this horrible situation.

I have never wanted to bitch-slap someone as much as I want to bitch-slap this jerk.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

So...the entire trip was for the benefit of the child...yet dad's complaining?

*sigh*

People are stupid. But did the kid enjoy the trip?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

As far as I know the kid enjoyed it. But some of the wish volunteers that accompany the families on the trips said the father complained to them as well during the trip.

Comment

Is there some sort of formal proof they have to provide?

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
          Is there some sort of formal proof they have to provide?
          The application can be made by a parent, the child ot the doctor but they must provide medical records regarding the child's illness.

Comment

If the father is used to top notch quality, he must be used to paying for it too. If he can afford that, he should be shelling out for what he believes is high class for his child.

The worst in me smells a rat, a broke rat that used his child's illness to get to a city known for rock stars(being Mr. Rock Promoter that he is) and the high life. Maybe it's just me, but a trip to LA doesn't seem to be my first guess as to what a child would really want. I hope I'm wrong, though. What a colossal jerk.
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Let me get this straight.His child is sick and will die soon and hes worried about the hotel. I would be just worried about spending time with my child. some people make me sick

Comment

The saying goes, Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Yeesh, you got a trip on charity man, be happy with what you have and that your child got to experience something they really wanted to do before they pass on.

Comment

And he's the one that gets to live. There is no justice in the world.
                  Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    So he told us he is planning on contacting the media as well as all of his big business contacts about this horrible situation.
                    I cannot fathom a media outlet that would take his side in the story. And his "business contacts" - no real business people are actually going to care about him.

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                    The worst in me smells a rat, a broke rat that used his child's illness to get to a city known for rock stars(being Mr. Rock Promoter that he is) and the high life. Maybe it's just me, but a trip to LA doesn't seem to be my first guess as to what a child would really want. I hope I'm wrong, though. What a colossal jerk.
                    Ewww...a fledgling "rock promoter" using his child to try to break into the business. I would put money on your guess.
                    Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

I'm with bloodrose. Let him go to the media. That cannot end well for him.

Comment

He can afford a hummer and still needs charitable assistance?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          He can afford a hummer and still needs charitable assistance?

Rapscallion
                          That's the thing. MAW doesn't care about the family income or wealth, if a child has a life threatening illness, and is submitted as a wish kid, we grant the wish.
                          This way we don't have to play a game of who's worth what and how much is in cash, etc. We can just concentrate on the child's wish.

Comment

That makes me so angry. If he has enough money to afford a hummer and to stay in all of the best hotels, why can't he grant his own kid's wish?

I bet there are countless kids who are poor and don't get their wish, why is he taking advantage of MAW? Asshole.
                            Check out my cosplay social group!
                            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

If sucky dad wanted his kid to have his best and claimed to be a rock promoter, why didn't he fork over the dough instead?!! What an asshole.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X