X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teens ticketed for rapping their order in drive-thru

Teens say they didn't know they were breaking the law

"I want a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce..."
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I wonder if they got the idea from that stupid "drive-thru rap" ad one of the fast food places has (might be Taco Bell, but I could be mistaken). Annoying, maybe. Time-consuming, probably. But to warrant a disorderly charge?

Personally, I'd think it was funny if I happened to be working.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I take everything FOX 'News' says with a grain of salt.

That said:
        I have a college kid who sings his order for me. I heard him singing one day and his voice was beautiful and I told him so (he's a football player). Now, he always sings it for me.

I would never in a million years have thought to call the cops on kids for something like this. I'm not a fan of rapcrap but I would have probably really enjoyed them- it would have made me smile, I think.

How amazingly stupid.
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

Teens said they were imitating a popular video on YouTube

MSN.com has a longer version of the story.

Manager of restaurant said the person taking the orders felt threatened by the teen rappers because they were holding up traffic in the drive-thru. Teens said they were the only ones in the driv-thru lane, no one behind them.

Now I'm confused. It's a teen say, restaurant & employees say now.

Comment

Well, it did happen in Utah...here's Boston.com's take on things.

There was a regular at the game store (awesome guy, he defended me against spurious "complaints" a few times) whose RPG character was a bard. He'd phrase almost everything in poetry or song form. Never got annoying in the least, for me anyway.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Ah, but he was a regular, and you didn't object. And at a game store, where you expect a bit of that sort of thing. Most likely, if you had trouble understanding him and said so, or the store became too busy to have time to play, he'd knock it off. (Sorry, the only example of part of their rap given was "double cheeseburger hold the lettuce," so I don't know what else was in there, but throwing in useless descriptions (double cheeseburgers don't come with lettuce), especially if there was more and it included modifiers that actually affected what went on the burger, is a good way to get your order messed up. Not intentionally, but even with just that one, there's a good chance that either the ordertaker or the assembler will understand it as "add lettuce" because that would make sense to say.)
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I believe it, and if it happened around here, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Maybe I'm a nut, but I'm one of those people who thinks the cops and the late night fast food place are in cahoots together. Not a bad idea, considering there are drunk drivers that DO need to be taken off the road, but there are plenty of people in the world who are naturally silly or bubbly or even, musical. Not only that, there are a lot more people who work odd hours than most would think, not everyone who goes through a drive thru at an odd time is necessarily drunk or strung out.

I'd bet money on it, anyone rapped in the McD's drive-thru around here after around 10 or 11pm and a call would be made and a cop would be there in a Wisconsin second.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If you worked as a teacher you'd probably say they deserved it.

Comment

Dreamstalker, that's the first thing I thought of. There's that Taco Bell commercial where the guys are rapping about the low, low prices of various burritos. I've got to say that I find it pretty strange that the manager said she felt threatened, yet the MSN article states that the manager had to come outside to see what was going on. Personally, if I felt threatened by somebody then I sure wouldn't want to leave the safety of my workplace in order to get closer to them
                    !
                    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

For the punk rock fans out there, I wonder what would happen if I gave my drive-thru order in the style of the Descendents' song Wienerschnitzel.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

In neither of the any of the articles are what was mentioned in the rap.

As my husband works with rappers, I know that when people come to him with bitch this, or nigga that, he refuses to work with them. The Taco-Bell was cool. But what if they were saying all of that to the worker on duty. (the N-word and bitch shit) But I guess since the manager went out and wasn't shot or raped it's okay. Even though she mentioned that she was scared as well.

But if she was scared, she wouldn't have gone out there.

We often on here talk about managers NOT trying to find out anything. Now one does and we pass judgment. Because all of us have been there before.
                        Last edited by Titi; 10-31-2009, 03:56 AM.

Comment

As much as I don't like rap, I would have joined them with my own, as long as my SM wasn't there. That would make my day, seriously.
                          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

One of the teens is going to challenge the citation he and his friends recieved

Comment

Working...
                            X