This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppies - v. 3.0 - The "C" litter

Since I liked doing (and re-reading) the previous puppy thread, I'm starting this one. The last breeding didn't take with Kiri but we expect her to go into heat soon - Artemis and Athena have had their first heats and it's been about 5 1/2 months since Kiri's last heat.

She's flirting with the boys, a lot, so we know it will be soon. We plan on breeding her to Gallon in hopes of getting "grandparents" out of it, basically puppies very similar to Gallon's father - Little Man (who was the sire of the previous litter) and Winner, Kiri's father. Little Man and Winner were excellent representations of the breed. A lot of the good genes in both lines seem to come out of every-other generation (don't get me wrong - the other-other litters are great, too!). Athena and Artemis are already out-pacing their mother in the show ring, working, and intelligence.

This will be our "C" litter - all the names will begin with a C but we'll need to find a common theme.

"A" was Greek gods - Apollo, Athena, Artemis.
    "B" was "B-" names, like Bedeviled, Bedazzled, Bejeweled, etc..

The "C" litter - I don't know what my wife may be thinking but maybe ancient / historical cities? Chichen-Itza, Carthage, etc??

In case you haven't seen the dogs:

Kiri:
    http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/494196.html
    http://www.kirigsd.com

Gallon:
    http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/441925.html

Wish us luck and I do promise as many, if not more, pictures than last time.

And for the 411 - the last thread:
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...hlight=artemis
    Last edited by draggar; 08-29-2009, 03:06 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Kiri is officially in heat - now the "fun" part begins (note: that's sarcastic - Zorro becomes a complete a-hole when she's in heat, MacLeod is beside himself and we don't know how Gallon will react).
    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I could say something relevant, but the only comment I can make at the time is...

PUUUUUPPIEEEEES!
      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Yeah, and with timings - the puppies will be born around Christmas and this is our "C" litter so my wife is thinking Christmas Carol, Chritmas Candy, etc..

And I thought Bejeweled (Julie), BeDazzled (Daizy), BeDeveled (Dev), BeWitched (Bruha), and BeGuiled (Kylie (?)) were cheezy..
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

i was thinnking stripper names. Candy, Charisma, Cheyenne, Chastity, Crystal, Cherry, Cookie ect. ect.

Comment

Actually, since it is German shepherds it will be Christmas Carnage, Christmas Chaos...

It's be great to hear that in the show rung:

"Now entering - Casa Del Mango's Christmas Carnage".
            Last edited by draggar; 09-29-2009, 11:54 PM.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Smal update:

Kiri is more affectionate than she's ever been before. She was even CUDDLING with me IN BED the other night.

She never cuddles with me, let alone IN (well, she was on) BED!!!

I am 99% sure she's got some puppies in there.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

puppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppy...

*ahem*
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My wife has an appointment at the vet on Tuesday for an ultrasound - that will be the 30 day mark (halfway point).
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Kiri had her ultrasound today and she is not pregnant.

She's been acting pregnant, we did two AI's and had two "ties" and still nothing.

I think my wife is going to cry.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Gallon's blood work came back and it turns out he has hypothyroid - meaning he's not producing enough thyroid hormones. the amount he's producing would be enough for a small dog - not a 90 pound German shepherd.

This would affect several aspects including fetrility. We think it might also be related to his skin and ear issues, too so now he's on soloxine to help him with it and we'll see how it goes over the next month.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                      X