X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable TV theft end service at apt.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...to_servic.html

-----Turned out there were so many people ripping off cable at an apartment building and damaging the access boxes that the cable company stopped providing service there.

What's interesting is that most of the rent there was subsidized by the government, but they still couldn't afford to pay for it.

Well...I used to deliver there and I can tell you all that those pictures don't do the place justice. Five days a week someone was hired to just clean up the trash from the night before. he would get it looking all pretty and then the next day it looked like he had done nothing.

I got my most complaints of being a *itch there too. Cause I wouldn't just hand them mail without putting it in the door slot or in the box. And if the names didn't match? it went back to the post office. That place used to have a different name and to reimage themselves they changed the name but kept everything else the same.

I've seen people get tossed from their appartments and literly 10 minuets later their stuff would be gone. Once saw a woman race out of her apartment in a nightgown to claim a couch. Rent - A - Center came looking for that couch later along with other pieces of their furniture, I feel sorry for them.

As for not being able to afford it, I have a feeling more then half didn't have jobs. I would see them there from the early morning when I delivered their mail till the time I was back at across the street in the evening. The place had it's own cop parking sites and a drug bust at least once a week. Remember my story where the girl couldn't tell me the different between a letter and a number? Yea that was there too.

I know one chick that was consdtantly complaining about not having enough for baby formula and yet this is the same chich that wouldn't drop 90 bucks on shoes cause that made them too cheap, her normal cost for shoes? In the 150 dollar range...or at least thats what she bragged. Another girl thought she was all that got the whole complex no mail delivery for three days because she threatened me with bodily harm because I wouldn't give her, her Momma's check who hadn't lived there in five months but who hadn't changed her address yet. She would be waiting for me at the complex enterence until her own neighbors yelled at her since they weren't getting their mail.

I know I made a couple calls to Charter about their boxes being broken but after the tenth or so call I just stopped. I figured they weren't going to do anything anymore and gave up.

Honestly I'm glad that place is getting bad press now, maybe something will make it better. I highly doubt it tho.

Oh and no I don't deliver that zipcode anymore.

Comment

Just thought I'd bump this because I found an update.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...s_has_agr.html

----Looks like they get to keep their service for at least a couple more months.

Comment

what strikes me is this...

“I find it amazing that the poorest people in our community are no longer able to have cable. ... It just makes me sick.”
        The only people I feel bad for are the residents who were actually paying for the cable - 60 residents (out of 200). they have their neighbors to blame for this, not the cable company.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          The only people I feel bad for are the residents who were actually paying for the cable - 60 residents (out of 200). they have their neighbors to blame for this, not the cable company.
          You're right about that, PE. The ones paying were playing by the rules and are seeing their service effectively cancelled by these jackasses.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X