Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 10-29-2020, 02:06 AM
Area Manager

The only time I have hundreds on me is when I'm paying my rent.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:11 PM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
Spending a hundred dollar bill always fills me with horrible guilt even if I just bought 98 dollars worth of stuff.
If someone's buying at least $70 worth of stuff, I don't have a problem with them using a $100 bill. Though I'd still prefer it sometime later than first thing in the morning, when I have enough money in the till to cover it.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:34 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

I always feel horribly when paying with $100 as I worry the bod on the checkout might notice... this thing is green...and has a funny looking picture on...and a squiggly S instead of a £ sign which we take payment in.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:02 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
I always feel horribly when paying with $100 as I worry the bod on the checkout might notice... this thing is green...and has a funny looking picture on...and a squiggly S instead of a £ sign which we take payment in.
Not to mention it is only worth .77£, which is a bargain for you if they do take it.

Old 10-31-2020, 12:04 AM
Cashier

I don't mind coins. I will buy coins if you bring them in. I did a about face at the bank when I heard a guy that just walked in say he had coins for deposit.

Last edited by Dave in MD; 11-02-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Old 10-31-2020, 04:17 AM
Philosophical Tomato

A few days ago, one of the cashiers got one of the old-design 100's. It failed the electronic counterfeit-tester gizmo, and of course we don't have the tester pens as too many people thought they were regular markers (I have a fancy pen with a blacklight, but that doesn't leave my physical possession).

He actually polled us older employees and the store manager as to whether it was real

Old 10-31-2020, 09:43 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
A few days ago, one of the cashiers got one of the old-design 100's. It failed the electronic counterfeit-tester gizmo, and of course we don't have the tester pens as too many people thought they were regular markers (I have a fancy pen with a blacklight, but that doesn't leave my physical possession).

He actually polled us older employees and the store manager as to whether it was real
All U.S. currency issued since 1861 is valid and redeemable at its full face value.

Of course the older bills are worth much more than their face value on the collectible market.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Philosophical Tomato

Somewhere I have a few old bills (5s and 10s). My manager previously would let me buy them (and any genuine silver coins I came across) out of the drawer at face value. I should ask the current CDH if I could start doing that again...it would certainly lessen the headaches for them.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:49 AM
Store Manager

Just remembered one delivery when I used to deliver pizza. A long damn run out to the edge of the cheap delivery area, for the SMALLEST possible order to get delivered, and the kid... just HAD to have raided someone's collection of silver. $6 order, all loose coin, and about half of it was in silver. The kid may have stiffed me for a tip, and on paper, I lost money just on gasoline, but... that's a lotta damn silver. I eventually traded that in for cash at 20-to-1 rates.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:12 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

A friend of mine used to manage an Aladdin's Castle video game arcade, back when those were a thing. She remembered one time a kid came in with a bunch of coins, all in the little cardboard coin envelopes. He'd tear the envelope open, plonk the quarter into a machine, and play.

Envelopes like this:

It was obvious the kid had raided someone's coin collection, but there wasn't a lot she could do about it at the time. IIRC, a parent stopped by to collect the kid and she warned them what the kid had been doing.

Last edited by Nunavut Pants; 11-02-2020 at 07:15 AM.