Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be that they are somewhat deaf and mumble because they aren't sure at what level to pitch their own voice. I notice I tend to slur my words a little because that is how I hear them - sometimes I have to make a concious effort to enunciate clearly.

I'm not saying absolutely that these SC's are deaf, just that deaf and mumbley can go together sometimes.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      It could be that they are somewhat deaf and mumble because they aren't sure at what level to pitch their own voice.
      In my experience, they tend to compensate on the side of too loud. Maybe it's a deaf conspiracy to try to make us all like them!

(I can make that joke because my fiance is deaf. When I told her off for yelling in my ear she said she was just trying to make me deaf too.)

Comment

Some deaf people practically bellow. O.o Altho it makes my ears ring, it's at least preferable to someone mumbling, then getting mad cuz I ask them to repeat what they said.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

A friend of mine's father was going deaf, but wouldn't believe anyone in the house that he really was because he wanted to live in denial or something. He'd turn the TV up to uncomfortable levels and refuse to turn it down because then he couldn't hear it.

Well, the friend's sister had a baby, and the TV would bother the baby, so her father finally went to a doctor and got himself a hearing aid.

Moral: Think of the children!

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            ("Oedipus" makes a fine and dandy substitute for "motherf***er")
            I'll pay that one!! Good thinking, 99.
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              He'd turn the TV up to uncomfortable levels and refuse to turn it down because then he couldn't hear it.
              That's how my dad is. It gets to the point when I'm spending the night that even down the hall and with my door shut, the tv's still too loud for me to get to sleep!
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
              X