This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mellow Yellow

We used to have to do that at the house we were renting. The drains out to the street were either too small or damaged, so using the washing machine, the shower, and the toilet regularly would cause them to back up. A complete and utter hassle.

Not flushing when it wasn't solid caused it to never back up. That's how much difference it can make in water usage.

Although, they've got those things you can put in your tank that are sanitizers and cleaners, so it's not as nasty as if you don't have one in. Although, since the stuff makes the water blue, you end up with green water...

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      A small midweek update....

Confidence

SC: “I’m sure you can get me a better rate at the <hotel> then $72.”

I’m sure I could! I’m sure I can do lots of things! I’m sure if I click my heels together times and wished really hard I could shit rainbows and make puppies sing Christmas carols! It doesn’t mean I’m going to try though. You know why? Because that would be stupid. Much like your statement.
      It's fun to make puppies sing Christmas Carols. Check out Jingle Dogs.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        It's fun to make puppies sing Christmas Carols. Check out Jingle Dogs.
        Jingle Dogs and their unholy cousin, Jingle Cats, are a festering plague on the face of human society.

<cough>

You know, just fyi. -.-

Comment

Sometimes we had to conserve water when we had a VERY dry summer. To the point where, you put a basin in the shower to catch water, and you use that water for the garden or car washing.
          So yes, sometimes we had to use the Yellow Mellow rule. But I found putting a brick in the cistern of the toilet helps decrease the amount of water we'd flush (but that's really for old toilets, the new ones are more conservative with their water).
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Jingle Dogs and their unholy cousin, Jingle Cats, are a festering plague on the face of human society.

<cough>

You know, just fyi. -.-
            True, but when they first appeared they were a refeshing change to the more traditional renditions of that genre.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I knew people that lived out in east bumble New York. They, too, had a tank that was filled from a water truck. They lived by the "mellow yellow" rule, only their mom came up with a cute poem for it. It's important to note that they had a fairly large piece of property, so it was a fun place to visit!

Her poem:
              "In this place of fun and sun,
              We don't flush for number 1,
              But if it ends up number 2,
              We're sure you'll know just what to do!"

I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                A chum of mine prefers to do that if there's nothing solid. I'm trying to train him.

Rapscallion
                They're recommending that here & now, due to water shortages & the drought. *shudder*
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

A small midweek update....

Alternative Usage
                  ( Property management, her toilet was "acting weird" )

SC: “Ok, I won’t use the toilet unless I have to go to the bathroom.”

…that implies that you have other uses for the toilet which you are now denying yourself. I know the function of mine is pretty straightforward and its uses limited so I’m almost afraid to ask what other uses you’ve discovered? Wash basin? Punch bowl? Butt moistener? Automated Cat Bath ( Although you'd really have to sit on the lid to hold it down... )?

SC: “I don’t usually flush it at night anyway.”

…umm….so….you’re saving it all for the morning?

Last I checked the toilet hand only one use. I don't even want to think about any other uses she may have though of.

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
                    Southern Comfort is not quite as comforting when it's coming out of your nose. In point of fact, it quite hurts.
                    Is it as bad as Navy Rum? I once coughed it through my nose (after almost choking on it) and couldn't breathe for the longest 30 seconds of my life... my nose was on fire, my eyes were streaming, and I was still coughing from where the pirate-juice had hit my trachea >.<

Unpleasant
                    ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Depends, too, on how long it's likely to be before the toilet's used again. I think Dad was cured of the habit when the "mellowing" occurred over a week's vacation and the house stank.

I'm not too worried about wasting water. I'm on a septic tank; any water that goes down the drain either benefits the trees and grass in the back yard (without violating any watering ban, when there is one), or goes to keep the water table up, or winds up in the creek which eventually runs into the city reservoir.
                      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Unless that lady was planning on using it for this purpose, I wouldn't see any other.......but you never know how crafty some are.
                        Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          Not flushing when it wasn't solid caused it to never back up. That's how much difference it can make in water usage.
                          Triple negative!! WOOT!

You're saying that by following the mellow yellow rule, you no longer had problems?
                          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                            Triple negative!! WOOT!

You're saying that by following the mellow yellow rule, you no longer had problems?
                            Heh... how's this, then:

By refraining from flushing when it was purely liquid, there was a cessation of plumbing difficulties.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thank you. It's not easy being a grammar nazi.
                              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                              X