This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    FF7 is my favorite of the "3D era" FF games, but my second favorite overall. (Number one would have to be FF6.)

I'll definitely be getting this, though, no matter what. Heck yeah, been waiting twenty gorram years for this.
    I liked it, but FF9 is my favorite of the 3D games, with 5 being my favorite overall.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Updated info here: http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-...ame-1711909183

Highlights: Not just an updated port, as they admit that parts of it are quite dated. They still wanna remain faithful enough to the original so you still "know" you're playing FFVII, but they want it to "evolve." Production has already begun on the game.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Updated info here: http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-...ame-1711909183

Highlights: Not just an updated port, as they admit that parts of it are quite dated. They still wanna remain faithful enough to the original so you still "know" you're playing FFVII, but they want it to "evolve." Production has already begun on the game.
        This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I was saying to a coworker yesterday "If the Remake is just the same dated graphics with a fresh coat of paint and fully-rendered FMV cutscenes, then WHAT THE FUCK, SQUEENIX?!"
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I was saying to a coworker yesterday "If the Remake is just the same dated graphics with a fresh coat of paint and fully-rendered FMV cutscenes, then WHAT THE FUCK, SQUEENIX?!"
          To be honest, that was what I was kind of hoping for if for no other reason than to see the fanatics go nuclear.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'm just hoping Squeenix gets their head out of their asses and makes a Wii U port of KH3.

Comment

And now....Graham from Checkpoint -- who more than once said this game would never happen -- eating his hat. Sorta.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I want a FF XII HD update. I'm tired of VII being the be all and end all for Squeenix. Or how about actually finishing KH3??
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                  Or how about actually finishing KH3??
                  Guess what was released at E3?
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

For the public reaction to this, please see below:

Yup, this is how it is
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Yeah, I saw, but there's still no release date. So it's still rainbows and unicorn farts *grumbles*

On the other hand, saving up for a PS4 for Last Guardian. That's going to be a gorgeous game!
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Questions....

Am I allowed to talk spoilers for FF7?

Are they going to keep the nice leveling system? I really liked that one where they had both characters and orbs gaining exp.

Did you know Aerith dies? (bad Gil, that joke is older than some of the members on this site, bad bad )
                        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

ZOMG Spoilerz Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Heeheehee. It's only been 18 years, man! There may actually be gamers on this planet over the age of ten who might not have heard of this one before! I couldn't tell you where to find them, but surely they must exist.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Heeheehee. It's only been 18 years, man! There may actually be gamers on this planet over the age of ten who might not have heard of this one before! I couldn't tell you where to find them, but surely they must exist.
                            I know your joking but I've actually seen this logic applied. By that logic we can't talk about ANYTHING because somewhere someone might not have seen it.

Screw. That.
                            I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

I heard that when the movie Titanic came out, a couple people were discussing a plot point and someone else bitched them out for spoiling things. What plot point were they discussing? The fact that the ship sank.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                                I heard that when the movie Titanic came out, a couple people were discussing a plot point and someone else bitched them out for spoiling things. What plot point were they discussing? The fact that the ship sank.
                                Well in my case it was an episode of Babylon 5. I brought up something and someone pulled that exact argument for why I should put down spoiler warnings. The episode in question is roughly 19 years old.
                                I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Working...
                                X