Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little hypersensitivity from the mods.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekends are usually a little quieter, but I've been keeping an eye on that figure.

Rapscallion

Comment

In my opinion, the member base has much more 'hypersensitivity' than the mod team - as other mods have said, we get reports that we look at and go 'why was that reported?'

Still, we investigate. Sometimes we learn about a cultural conflict we didn't know about. I've learned an amazing range of racist words I'd never heard of!
      (I kind of wish I hadn't.)

We also use the diversity of the mod team. Ree and I are polar opposites in some ways. If Ree and I end up equally offended or equally 'weeellll, it'll do I guess' about a solution to a problem, the rest of the mod team can be reasonably confident that it's about as close to 'fair' as the solution can get. There are other pairings like that, too.

We try. And when we miss something, please do report it. Ideally, report why it's offensive as well. Even if we don't understand the offence, or don't agree with the report, every reported incident gets investigated and the thread monitored for a while by the mod team.

And yeah, I agree that it's good to have threads like this one occasionally. We do need the feedback.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I don't tend to see anything that offends me. If it does, I can just ignore the post. I try to watch what I post. (Key note there, TRY, even I get too angry and post stuff I shouldn't).

A rare few times I might see a mod on, and I'd PM them with a quick question of what I wanna post, normally because I wanna add a anticote to it that may not be good. So yay me. Average Posterman!
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          The last three days have all have over seven hundred new posts in them.
          And most of that time I haven't contributed.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

851 yesterday. Yowsers!

Rapscallion

Comment

I must say, that of all the forums that I've visited over the years this place is generally the most civil and polite place on the internet.

People don't get flamed
              People don't get called out for petty mistakes
              People don't belittle each other.
              If they do, they certainly get told its unnacceptable and either moderate the post, or delete it

All of the above means that most of the time people (as a whole) are comfortable contributing all manner of posts, that in other forums would be ridiculed.

I say keep up the good work!
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I have to concur with Crazylegs. I've read other forums and have been disturbed by the level of viciousness being displayed. This is the only forum I post on because I love how it is run. Admiittedly though, I do self edit myself to curb my humor into something less...disturbing, but beside that, I've never had a problem here.
                "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

815 yesterday - this is a surprisingly high number on a weekend. Usually around the 450-500 mark.

Still, more to read...

Rapscallion

Comment

829 then 997 - dayum, but this place suddenly got busier than normal.

Not complaining, mind.

Rapscallion

Comment

I had noticed that also. But I love this forums. I can post and not worry about a flame war starting. And we actually have Mods that and an Owner that will do something, instead of sitting on there butts and turning their heads another way.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                      X