X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppies & Rainbows

A small midweek update....

Alternative Usage
    ( Property management, her toilet was "acting weird" )

SC: “Ok, I won’t use the toilet unless I have to go to the bathroom.”

…that implies that you have other uses for the toilet which you are now denying yourself. I know the function of mine is pretty straightforward and its uses limited so I’m almost afraid to ask what other uses you’ve discovered? Wash basin? Punch bowl? Butt moistener? Automated Cat Bath ( Although you'd really have to sit on the lid to hold it down... )?

SC: “I don’t usually flush it at night anyway.”

…umm….so….you’re saving it all for the morning?

Me: “Alright, and the postal code please?”
    SC: “X-X-X….you mean box number?”

Did I say box number? No? Well then, that would logically imply that no, I did not mean box number. Strangely enough I meant what I originally said when I said “postal code”. I know from years of arduous experience that Nunavut is some sort of ass backwards bizzarro world that seems to be completely disconnected from the real world with the sole exception of phone lines. Since you were born, raised and if there is any justice in this world, will die cold and alone in that barren arctic bizzarro world you’re just going to have to trust me here: When I ask a question, I need the answer to that question. Not the answer to an unrelated question you hallucinated or otherwise made up on your own.

Me: “Ok, and what would you like to order?”
    SC: “Um…”
    From the background: “HATS! I WANNA ORDER A HAT!”
    SC: “<Yelling at people in background> What do you wanna order?!”
    ( From here there is much mumbling and discussion for some time. )
    SC: “Uh….I’ll call you back. We haven’t decided yet.”

Ahh….this scent….it’s somehow unsettlingly familiar…..what was it again? Oh right, failure. It’s the kind of aroma that wafts out of the back end of a bloated hippo carcass on the Serengeti as it slowly bakes in the sun. The kind of smell that clings to your clothes for 3 days. The kind of smell that nothing short of tomato juice or fire will get off your skin. The kind of smell that seems to permeate the entire landscape north of he 60th parallel.

Gah...

Attention White Guys That Still High Five that got on at Broadway: Your pizza smells like goat ass. Not run of the mill goat ass either. Goat ass that’s had a fever and the runs for a fortnight and no one’s had a chance to hose it down yet. Please live a little and invest more than 78 cents a slice next time. Because I’m pretty sure whatever toppings you have on there were adopted from the SPCA several days prior.

Accommodations

SC: “I see shuttles for the other hotels here, the Travel Lodge, the Best Western, the Park & Fly-“

Ah yes, the Park & Fly, that’s a rather nice hotel you know. You should go there. I highly recommend it.

Confidence

SC: “I’m sure you can get me a better rate at the <hotel> then $72.”

I’m sure I could! I’m sure I can do lots of things! I’m sure if I click my heels together times and wished really hard I could shit rainbows and make puppies sing Christmas carols! It doesn’t mean I’m going to try though. You know why? Because that would be stupid. Much like your statement.

Sigh, fine, but just this once.

Caller: “Hi, this is Khan from <company.”

<sigh> ok, you’re just making it too easy now, but I guess it’s kind of mandatory:

KHAAAAAAAANNNNN~!

There, happy?

Wait, what?

Me: “Alright, do you have a pen?”
    SC: “I have my daughter’s head, that’ll work.”

……wait, what? I’m really trying to figure this statement out. Is she short and obedient, therefore ideally suited to be using as a flat surface and/or beer rest? Is she an idiot savant with a gift for memorizing numbers? Is her face made out of charcoal so you can just sort of slam her into the paper and smear her around? Was there turbulence and she got a pencil lodged in her eye that you can’t remove until the paramedics arrive? What’s going on here?

2 more shifts left.....

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

So, is that a step up, down, or sideways, from having a wife for the same purpose?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

So, is that a step up, down, or sideways, from having a wife for the same purpose?

^-.-^
      I was pondering that myself. I'm waiting to see what member of the family is elected to be a make shift writing instrument next. Aunts? Uncles? Cousins? The dog? The fun apparently never stops in Las Vegas. ( Where they're all calling from. )

Comment

A small midweek update....

……wait, what? I’m really trying to figure this statement out. ..... Is she an idiot savant with a gift for memorizing numbers?
        Actually that may have been what the parent meant- "I'll just tell her the numbers instead of writing them down."
        At least we can hope that's what the person meant....
        "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
          Actually that may have been what the parent meant- "I'll just tell her the numbers instead of writing them down."
          I hope not, it was 2 letters, an 8 digit confirmation code and a 10 digit phone number. Although I guess having to memorize them would beat having mommy etch them onto your scalp.

Comment

Southern Comfort is not quite as comforting when it's coming out of your nose. In point of fact, it quite hurts.

I really must stop breaking rule #1.

In my defense, I was reading the last one and thought I would be safe after the charcoal-head comment, and was actually having a post-laugh sip. How wrong I was.

Comment

I was pondering that myself. I'm waiting to see what member of the family is elected to be a make shift writing instrument next. Aunts? Uncles? Cousins? The dog? The fun apparently never stops in Las Vegas. ( Where they're all calling from. )
              In that case, we'll never know what happens...because what happens in vegas....
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Sigh, fine, but just this once.

Caller: “Hi, this is Khan from <company.”

<sigh> ok, you’re just making it too easy now, but I guess it’s kind of mandatory:

KHAAAAAAAANNNNN~!

There, happy?

It's funny because that's my boss's name and every time someone says his name I think "KHAAAAAAAANNNNN!"
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Thanks, GK. I needed that this morning

Comment

™ Can you imagine the smell every morning?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A chum of mine prefers to do that if there's nothing solid. I'm trying to train him.

Rapscallion

Comment

BWAAAAAAAAAH! He decapitated her and is going to use her dismembered noggin as a gory writing implement. Oh, the humanity!
                        Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Can you imagine the smell every morning?
                          Actually, unless there's "solid", some people won't flush at night so it doesn't disturb other members of the household with the noise.

In some cases, even if there is "solid", they will just close the lid, spray an air freshener, shut the door, then flush and run the bathroom fan in the morning.

Seems to work OK for them.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I had friends who lived by the rule "If it's yellow, let it mellow, if its brown, flush it down" - they did so because of water conservation. I thought it to be a bit excessive and, really, unless you're using the facilities an ungodly amount of time during the day, how much water are you really conserving.

But, to each his own.
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
                              Actually - no - I prefer the other suggestions presented :P
                              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                              X