This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    I had friends who lived by the rule "If it's yellow, let it mellow, if its brown, flush it down" - they did so because of water conservation.
    That's exactly the phrase chum uses. However, I'm in Britain - traditionally rainy Britain. It's pissed it down today - again. It's damned rare we're short of water.

I'm still trying to train him when in my place.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm slowly untraining my folks from that rule myself. Even with the water prices in my hometown, we never got charged more than the town minimum every quarter, and even if we did flush, I doubted our water bill would've changed.

Now that my gf owns what used to be my parents' house, there's a new toilet and we both flush religiously, as well as run the dishwasher (which we didn't have back then) and the washing machine constantly...and we still pay the minimum.
      "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Me: “Ok, and what would you like to order?”
        SC: “Um…”
        From the background: “HATS! I WANNA ORDER A HAT!”
        SC: “<Yelling at people in background> What do you wanna order?!”
        ( From here there is much mumbling and discussion for some time. )
        SC: “Uh….I’ll call you back. We haven’t decided yet.”
        Sounds more like they're calling for a pizza than ordering clothes...I mean, really, if I'm ordering something from a catalog, I generally look through, decide what I want, add up the prices...I don't just call the place up and then ask everyone else in the room what they want to order...

<sigh>...I'm way to logical for this life...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
          how much water are you really conserving.
          Although I don't take part in the 'mellow yellow' aspect of life, the loo can use quite a bit of water per flush, (my memory is a bit hazy) I think its nearly double figures worth of liters, so by cutting the amount of water you use even by a quarter if everyone did it you'd be laughing. (although as Raps said we are never too short of the wet stuff)
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            Me: “Alright, do you have a pen?”
            SC: “I have my daughter’s head, that’ll work.”
            It makes me wonder how old this daughter could possibly be ... ??
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I'm more interested in how sharp she is.

Rapscallion

Comment

I think not flushing is gross, personally. Whether it's wee or poo, regardless.

My mother's family did that growing up. They'd never flush if it was just pee. They did it to save water and they lived in the middle of nowhere. She still does it to this day...it has annoyed the hell out of me since I was a kid. Ish ish ish!
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ewwww.....

We're under no such water conservation here. This is Vancouver. We're Seattle north when it comes to rainfall. This woman lived in an apartment too so I can't imagine its that easy for her to.....air out.....her bathroom in the morning.

We've had hot summers with water conservation before but all it means is you can only water your lawn on X days. Usually they go by something like if your house number is an odd number you can only water on odd days. Then even numbers on even days.

We've never been at "OMIGAWD DON'T FLUSH" level. ><

Comment

Yeah GK, I used to run to the bathroom after every time my mom was done and flush it. Until she started grounding me for it....I mean, for having an "attitude" about it.

We do the same thing when we are getting near "drought" levels around here with sprinkler systems and whatnot. You should hear the sprinklers where I work. Sounds like a big wet sloppy queef.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ewwww.....

We're under no such water conservation here. This is Vancouver. We're Seattle north when it comes to rainfall. This woman lived in an apartment too so I can't imagine its that easy for her to.....air out.....her bathroom in the morning.
                      I live in an apartment. My bathroom has a window...in the shower... (the bottom part is frosted and there is a shade, but still, it's a little...disconcerting...especially since my apartment faces a busy road - we are upstairs, though).
                      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-16-2008, 12:52 AM. Reason: I kan spel...reely!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Alternative Usage

SC: “Ok, I won’t use the toilet unless I have to go to the bathroom.”

…that implies that you have other uses for the toilet which you are now denying yourself. I know the function of mine is pretty straightforward and its uses limited so I’m almost afraid to ask what other uses you’ve discovered? Wash basin? Punch bowl? Butt moistener? Automated Cat Bath ( Although you'd really have to sit on the lid to hold it down... )?
                        I use mine to flush still wiggling insect (and other arthropodan) invaders.

It sounds wasteful, but there are times where I'm dumping uo 20 of the little darlings into the toilet. Huzzah for old houses that need the roof replaced...

Comment

A small midweek update....

Alternative Usage
                          ( Property management, her toilet was "acting weird" )

SC: “Ok, I won’t use the toilet unless I have to go to the bathroom.”
                          Five minutes later:
                          "Oh man, my stomach hurts... think I'm gonna blow chunks in my toilet! *hurp* Oh, right... I can't use that toilet..."
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

SC: “I don’t usually flush it at night anyway.”

…umm….so….you’re saving it all for the morning?
                            TMI WARNING! TMI WARNING!

My sister does that. She claims the noise from the toilet flushing scares her at night.

We don't have air freshener spray.

END TMI WARNING!

Comment

Me: “Alright, and the postal code please?”
                              SC: “X-X-X….you mean box number?”

Did I say box number? No? Well then, that would logically imply that no, I did not mean box number. Strangely enough I meant what I originally said when I said “postal code”.
                              "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant......

an elephant's faithful 100%!

Do you have less 867s now, or are you not reporting the usual stupidity lest it become redundant?
                              Last edited by Reyneth; 03-16-2008, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                                "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant......

an elephant's faithful 100%!

Do you have less 867s now, or are you not reporting the usual stupidity lest it become redundant?
                                867's move in cycles. There's always a spike right after Welfare Wednesday when they gather in a circle in the middle of the trailer park and pass the catalogue around. ( I'll get 3-6 calls in a row placing orders from the same town. They just pass the catalogue down the street apparently. ). Then they quiet down somewhat and I'll only get a handful a shift till the next government assistance holiday.

Comment

Working...
                                X