This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Boozy View Post
    Nunavut is almost two million square kilometres with only 30,000 people.
    That's a lot of hats and pants for GK to sell.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      That's a lot of hats and pants for GK to sell.
      Nah.... only about 10,000 of those people are the XXXL pink camo hat/pants crowd.

The rest of them are on the other end with the university. They don't appear to have as pressing a need for mail order clothing. Either that or they order via web, or when the do call, they do so during semi-normal business hours or can manage to speak without fellating the phone at the same time.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Nah.... only about 10,000 of those people are the XXXL pink camo hat/pants crowd.
        That's okay then. At three callers a night, it will only take around 10 years for GK to get an order from each of them.

Comment

Wesley was probably afraid you'd call him Leslie.

Oh, little factoid about Nunavut...since they created that province, Canada now has its own Four Corners...Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
          Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

I can understand being aware that since everything has to be flown in, the shipping costs are sky high and thus you endure those costs.

What I can't understand is why not order several things together? Like you and your 5 brothers/cousins/sheep each order a hat and place one order for all them at once. That's 6 hats at once, in one shipping package. Even if that doubles the shipping to $80, that's $200 for 6 hats instead of $360! That's another 8 hats (not including shipping).
            Last edited by TryNotToBeThatOne; 03-20-2008, 05:11 PM. Reason: clarification
            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
              BEST. WORD. EVER.
              TOTALLY Agree.... first thing in the while that has had me giggling uncontrollably at my desk (and then a call came in... yay!)
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                What I can't understand is why not order several things together? Like you and your 5 brothers/cousins/sheep each order a hat and place one order for all them at once. That's 6 hats at once, in one shipping package. Even if that doubles the shipping to $80, that's $200 for 6 hats instead of $360! That's another 8 hats (not including shipping).
                Oh, they do that, too! Remember the comments about the ones that start talking, then have to turn and shout at the rest of the people in the room to get what they want to order as well.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh, they do that, too! Remember the comments about the ones that start talking, then have to turn and shout at the rest of the people in the room to get what they want to order as well.

^-.-^
                  Oh right. I was making the assumption that they'd have their order planned before they called. What was I thinking?
                  I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

^-.-^
                    But when they do that they usually want each order separate, and therefore have separate shipping, causing GK's head to attempt to once again implode.
                    I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Taking what others have said about the 867 crowd and re-enforcing it. I know some people from up that way (though most are actually NWT rather than Nunavut), it's really only a fraction of them that are so mind-bogglingly stupid. When you combine the normal SC percentage of the population with the legacy of substance abuse pointed out by Ree, it adds up to a larger than normal percentage of idiotic calls. The whole northern half of Canada is mind-bogglingly devoid of human life, so part of it is probably also just entertainment/anticipation of waiting for something.

All this doesn't negate the fact that some fantastically stupid calls come from there though.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Getting bombed with them this week. Welfare Wednesday was this week apparently. So now they're all ordering tons of crap. $900 worth of hats and pants in one order last night. ><

Like I said, once a month there's a surge and they clean us out. ( Lot of our hats/pants go out of stock in the first 2 weeks of the month. Leading to much disappointment for the late comers. )

Comment

$900 in one order? Maybe they are learning that they can save postage on big orders.

Wait! What's that I see...

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                            <twitch>
                            [Dropping the Soap

SC: “Yeah, I’m in jail and I need to talk to <lawyer>”
                            Me: “Ok, let me-“
                            SC: “How long do I have to staaaay heeeeere?!”

Hopefully long enough for some large, sweaty man ape of a cell mate to repeatedly and vigorously redefine the term “cuddling” for you until the very sound of someone rolling over in a bunk bed makes you curl into a ball and bite the pillow out of reflex.
                            and

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

Me: “Ok, and your phone number please?”
                            SC: “xxx-xxxx”
                            Me: “Ok, and the area code on the phone number?”
                            SC: “Uh……pwah ( Yes…”pwah” )……wait a minute.”
                            Me: “Ok”
                            ( From what I can tell the caller summoned two others to huddle in a circle and try to crack the Da Vinci Area Code. This muffled, confused discussion goes on for a minute or two. )
                            SC: “Alright, it’s <postal code>”
                            Me: “….alright, but what’s the area code for your phone number?”
                            SC: “…..um……pwah……”
                            ( PWAH! )
                            SC: “uhhh……..wait”
                            ( I assume the next few moments were spend evading the attacks of a shadowy albino assailant. )
                            SC: “xxx?”
                            Me: "Thank you."

If you ever do try to find the descendants of your messiah it shouldn’t be too hard. Because I’m pretty sure the family tree didn’t fork and they never managed to make it more than 5 miles from where he was originally born. So the Second Coming is probably that guy that lives down by the river in the rusted out husk of an old ‘78 Buick just outside of town with dog named “Get Daddy Another Beer”.

Priceless, man. Priceless.
                            Some people are like slinkies,
                            They don't really serve a purpose,
                            But they still bring a smile to your face
                            When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

Working...
                            X