This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you handicapped?

I've been reading the forum for awhile, but this is my first thread, so hi there! Just to clarify, I work for a police agency.
    This happened a few of weeks ago, it's my favorite incidence of lazy/entitlement suckage. Keep in mind, I live in a place that has cold-as-death winters, anyone who lives here should know this. If you've just barely moved here in August, someone would have informed you of the epic cold weather and massive snow banks long before you cracked out a light parka.

Me:
    sc: illequipped young man

me: hi this is <agency> how can I help you?
    sc: uh... there is ice on my windshield...
    me: yes sir, it snowed last night. (I wasn't really sure what to say, first thing that came to mind)
    sc: oh...
    me:...
    sc: could you guys come help scrape it off?
    me: (@#^%$!!!! *deep breath*) I'm sorry sir, I'm afraid we can't provide that type of assistance to you. Do you have a criminal matter we can help you with?
    sc: uh...
    me:...
    sc: I guess not... Well what do I do? (did you really just ask me that? did your parents leave you so incapable of handling life's minor inconveniences that you are truly baffled by this relatively simple situation?! did they not give you a 99cent ice scraper to go with that very expensive car?!!)
    me: sir, I can only suggest that you start your car and turn both your rear and front windshield defrosters on. Do you have an ice scraper in your car,sir?
    sc:i don't know, i don't think so...
    me: ok sir, leave your car running for 15 to 20 minutes until the ice melts. make sure you don't leave your car unattended. you may want to pick up an ice scraper from your local gas station so you don't have this problem again.
    sc: oh ok... thanks I guess
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

He actually called so somebody could come on over to scrape his windshield? Gee...maybe I oughta call so somebody can come over to boil water for me...lol.

Comment

holy crud... I personally don't want that person on the road... If they can't figure out what to do about frost, I nearly garantee they don't know the difference between accelerate and brake. This person is officially a danger to society.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Yikes! One has to wonder what else he does?

I can see it now:
        SC - sucky customer
        C - Poor clerk

SC: Hi, I bought a kettle from your shop and want some coffee
        C: Um...great, you definitely got the right product then!
        SC: could you come to my house and make it for me? I don't know how!!!
        C: *head explodes*
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

That's right guys! Your local police department now provides everyday services!

Things like:
          -picking up your dog's poo
          -starting your car when it's cold out
          -making you waffles
          -and best of all!! wiping your a$$ with our bare hands!
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Maybe he thought you could arrest the ice for trespassing on his property since he clearly did not give it permission to be there.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Now THAT is public service! lol lord...
              When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Hi, new poster here.

I'd believe just about anything.

Last week I was in the company cafe when I young lady in her late teens asked how to use a tea bag.

Please note, her English was perfect and she seemed normal in all respects.
                Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

I've known how to scrape snow and ice from car windows for as along as I can remember.

Of course, I was born and raised in WI.

Where did this person move from?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Where did this person move from?
                    Probably from somewhere around hell, I hear it's pretty warm there.
                    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

come now, even my old roommate who moved from virginia (which is about as hot as hell) knew how to scrape ice... I think the OPs caller was just an idiot.
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        SC: Hi, I bought a kettle from your shop and want some coffee
                        nonono, they call a LEASING agent for help with Coffee. (Right TTAZ?)

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
                          nonono, they call a LEASING agent for help with Coffee. (Right TTAZ?)
                          DOH! my bad...so who do I call if I need help running a bath???
                          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                            DOH! my bad...so who do I call if I need help running a bath???
                            Why, the realtor of course.
                            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Great...another fucking idiot on the road, pardon my French. I wonder what he'd do if oh...ice should form on his driveway. Actually, I'm not sure I even want to think about it
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X