This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and the chase is on! (long)

so yesterday was probably the most exciting day at work ive had... this is about a shoplifter, and while ive had shoplifters before, ive always been the one to stay back and call the police. this time, i was actually involved!

Me- super duper shoplifter apprehender!
    S- the other super duper shoplifter apprehender!
    V-front Cashier
    B-Manager
    c1-Cop 1
    C2-cop 2
    HL-Helpful Lady

I was on my lunch, and i had about 5-10 minutes left of it. i hear S page B, and a few seconds later, he pages me. so i call him.

S-somebody just ran out of here with a razor! B said to call you!
    Me-ok ill be right there!

so i run upstairs, leaving my lunch behind..... i go up front, and V has replaced S on the front register. i ask him where they went, and he points out the door, so i run out. i see S down the block, so i run to catch up. i see B coming from down the other block. i ask S where he is

S- im not sure. he took off this way, but i can't find him.
    Me-well, what is he wearing?
    S- long black trench coat and blue flannel pants.

so we look for a few minutes, asking a couple people if they have seen him. nobody has, so we gave up, thinking he went home or something....

as we are walking back, V finally comes to help us(B relieved him so he could help). i toldhim he was alittle late(in a joking way)

so we go back to work, and go back to work, just like normal. about 5 minutes later, my phone in cosmetics rings. i go to answer.

Me- *my usualy spiel*
    HL-hi...i was just in your store...and...well...that guy who stole your razor? well, he is standing outside the YMCA holding it.... i saw him take it out of the trash can, and he now has it..... i just drove by...
    (the YMCA is just a couple blocks away)
    Me- REALLY? wow...umm..ok...

i got her phone number, and a fake name cause she wasnt comfortable giving me her real name....

at this point, S walks by, and i tell him what happened. i page for B, and she comes over. i tell her what the HL said. i ask her what we should do.

B- im not sure...i want to go get it back....but im not sure we should walk over there...
    Me- should i take S in my car?**
    B- yes. go ahead.

so i grab my keys, and S and i jump in my car and drive to the YMCA. we are on one side of the building, and S gets out to check the trash can. after he checks, we a see two regulars walking by. S asks if they've seen the shoplifter, giving them a descripition. they say, yeah,hes right around the corner, bragging about what he did!

so S runs around the corner, and i drive around the corner. the second this guy sees S, he takes off across the street. S takes off after him! i park my car, get out, grab my cell and run.

now, i don't run. plus, they both have REALLY long legs, and were already across a parking lot., there is no way in hell i was going to catch up. so i call the police. as im onn the phone, i watch the shoplifter run out into traffic on one of the busiest streets in the city! he didn't stop!!!! he is damn lucky he didn't get hit. S DID stop though. he wasn't going to get hit. but after a few people stopped, he was able to continue chasing.

as im on the phone with the cops, one of the people who the shoplifter was braggin to, came up to me and let me know the shoplifter left the razor behind. so i go grab it. this is the first time i actually saw what he grabbed. it was a $120 electric Braun Razor. real nice one.

now, if we had known the shoplifter had dropped it, S would have NEVER chased, because we would have had the product back.

so i let the police dispatcher know where i last saw S and the shoplifter running, and i tell her i need to go find S, cause he was my main concern now.

so im driving around, and i can't find him. im a residential street, and i get to an intersection of a busy street, and i see a cop driving by. so i get his attention, and he points to go down a road. i follow, and in front of him, is another cop, S and the shoplifter!

so i park behind the cops and get out to check on S. he is fine.

C1-so where are the razor blades.
    Me- they aren't razor blades. its this.
    C1-oh wow....i thought we were talking about some cheap razor blades that weren't worth a chase!
    Me-oh god no! if they were that, we would not have gone through all this trouble. this is expensive, and we weren't going to let him get away with it.

C1 to C2- well, the guy is papered(for those who don't know, he is on probation) and he had definitly been drinking...so he is going to get charged for that as well...
    C2-why did this have to happen now?(im assuming he had a bad day...)

a black car pulled up, and stopped and asked S if everything was ok. S said yes, and thanks for your help. i asked S later about this, and he said that the car had stopped, and the man(there was a man, woman, and two kids in the car) had helped corner the guy until the cops came.

then, a green car came up and stopped, and i looked, and it was B's Fiance! i was surprised, cause i knew B had called him, but i thought she called to tell him everything was ok. he wanted to make sure me and S were ok, so he stopped to check on us. later, B said that he fiance joking asked if he should bring the shotgun....(it was a joke! we do not endorse violence!)

so after the cops got some info, they said that since i didn't see it happen, and only chased, they didn't need me,and they would bring S back to the store.

so i went back to the store, were B was flipping out the entire time, until S got back. we then had a talk about what to do, and what not to do if this happens again. she thought S knew the shoplifter had dropped the razor and still chased, but once explained that S did NOT know, she relaxed more.

she gave both S and I a $10 gift card, and i want to talk to my store manager about giving the lady who called us a gift card.

yesterday was VERY interesting.....

**DISCLAIMER Chasing a shoplifer is NOT a smart idea. what S and I did could have had very serious results. you never know if a shoplifter has a gun, or a knife, or how desperate they are to get away. S and I both should have handled things differently. please do not take lessons from me.

plus, since i never run, my legs and ankles hurt really bad right now.....

am i the only one who found this exciting?

Comment

It is amazing. I'm just trying to get over my expression first.
      "But I don't want to be among mad people."
      You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
        Me-well, what is he wearing?
        S- long black trench coat and blue flannel pants.
        He should have been arrested for this alone!
        Women can do anything men can.
        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
        Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
          He should have been arrested for this alone!
          LMAO. You beat me to it. I was just quoting that EXACT sentence and was going to say the same thing, word for word.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Hey, flannel pants are TEH BESTEST.

I have three pairs: plaid blue, plaid red, and plaid pink.
            "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
              am i the only one who found this exciting?
              Nope, I thought this was great; I wish events like this could be recorded and viewable. One day.... one day....
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Finduilas View Post

Oh hell, I love 'em too. Would LIVE in them if I could.

Was just picturing them with a long black trench coat.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  Nope, I thought this was great; I wish events like this could be recorded and viewable. One day.... one day....
                  SL: Keanu "Dude" Reeves
                  Lit: Samuel L. Jackson
                  S: Colin Farrell
                  B: Sean Connery
                  C1: Simon Pegg
                  C2: Nick Frost
                  HL: Angelina Jolie

Razor: Nuckular-powered Razor, stolen by SL to sell to communist-nazi terrorists
                  Cops: Secretly in on the deal, but have a change of heart at the last minute due to an impassioned speech from Lit about how he's sick of these mutha-fugging nukes in his mutha-fugging city.
                  B: After going into retirement from his adventures with his son, Henry Jones Junior, and those under the service of the queen, he's made aware of a plot by communist-nazi terrorists to steal a nuckular-powered razor, he manages to get a job as a manager at the location housing the device, but finds he must let a younger generation do the foot-work for him.
                  Last edited by Tee; 03-18-2008, 01:38 AM. Reason: Errors and such
                  I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                  In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Ever see two police dogs in hot pursuit of a shoplifter on foot?

I have.

It is darn funny. Well, depending upon one's perspective it is darn funny. Personally I thought it was a laugh riot.
                    SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Quoth Finduilas View Post

Mine have penguins on them.

Comment

That was so crazy and dangrouse and GREAT!!! I love that! My store gets hit ALL THE TIME! and trust me the only reason we havent snapped yet and beaten them up is becuase they are crack heads. But that was such a great story! Hey Tee love the movie verson you need to write the screen play and make us proud

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
                          SL: Keanu "Dude" Reeves
                          Lit: Samuel L. Jackson
                          S: Colin Farrell
                          B: Sean Connery
                          C1: Simon Pegg
                          C2: Nick Frost
                          HL: Angelina Jolie
                          Alas, you are going to have to re-cast B. Connery is retired, and even turned down a cameo part in the new Indiana Jones movie.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Alas, you are going to have to re-cast B. Connery is retired, and even turned down a cameo part in the new Indiana Jones movie.

^-.-^
                            i agree....because i am Female! Samuel L. Jackson would look pretty funny portraying me... Ill take Jennifer Garner thank you!

Also, B is a girl. again, would look pretty funny being played by Sean Connery.
                            Last edited by Ljt09863; 03-18-2008, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
                              He'll never be retired in my imagination. :P He's far to awesome for that.

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
                              i agree....because i am Female! Samuel L. Jackson would look pretty funny portraying me... Ill take Jennifer Garner thank you!

Also, B is a girl. again, would look pretty funny being played by Sean Connery.
                              But action hero = Male! J/K

In all honesty I rarely pay attention to gender while online XD which is just an excuse for my speed-reading habit of ignoring pronouns.

I wish there were female action hero's who weren't Lara Croft rip-offs

Trinity maybe, but she pissed me off...

Well, regardless, I think what you did was awesome, and something I wish I had the opportunity, and courage, to do.
                              I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                              In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Working...
                              X