This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    It INFURIATES ME when people berate workers such as yourself because they think we don't work as hard as they do when in most cases we work MUCH HARDER than they do, with less convenient hours, more stress and a ton less money.
    In reverse, I've got 5 regulars who I'll bend over backwards for because they often say they appreciate how hard I work, the inconvenient hours, etc.

But I don't have to (bend over backwards) because they don't make unreasonable demands!

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      In reverse, I've got 5 regulars who I'll bend over backwards for because they often say they appreciate how hard I work, the inconvenient hours, etc.

But I don't have to (bend over backwards) because they don't make unreasonable demands!
      I would do the same for people like that, I appreciate every single human being who respects people like us.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        There's a chap who goes to the local burger bar (which also serves coffee) and he orders a cappucino with SIX sugars.

Thats right ladies and gentleman this walking advert for type II has six sugars with every coffee.

Everytime he goes in the staff make it directly in front of him else he says 'theres no sugar in this'.

Maybe its because he is so used to sugar he can no longer taste it?
        You'd hate how much sugar I put in my hot tea. I take solace in the fact that I take it the same way Sir Sean Connery does, hot and sweet.

It mostly has to do with after suffering with allergies all night, when the Actifed would quit working, there is nothing nicer than going out in the back yard in the cool summer morning air (@ 70-75 degrees) with a nice, steaming, sweet cuppa.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
          Haha, that's nothing! My boyfriend orders a large coffee from mcdonalds with 8 creams and 12 sugars. He really should probably stop doing that, but there's no convincing him...
          so he takes a little bit of coffee with his cream and sugar

oh and I hate the people who imply that you don't work hard... yeah, it is true that I sit on my fat ass all day... but I'd like to see you be an expert on wherever someone wants to go... and become that expert in a matter of seconds while you are talking to the guest... and do that anywhere from 60 to 100+ times per day.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I used to work with a guy who put 18 packs of sugar in a venti (20 oz)coffee. That's a quarter of a cup! (I measured it one day.)

I admit I put a lot of sugar in tea - at the bookstore cafe I usually get a grande vanilla tea and put 5-6 packets of Sugar in the Raw and a little bit of milk (yummy! and like liquid cough drops when you're sick! ).

I don't drink coffee - I would need an awful lot of cream and sugar to make it palatable for me. I can't stand the stuff!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              oh and I hate the people who imply that you don't work hard
              I think half the problem (with my job anyway) is that customers only see me standing behind the counter waiting to take their money. They don't see all the other stuff I do when they're not there.

But I bet if I stopped doing it they'd notice the empty shelves, dirty floor, dirty counters, mud all over the car wash, expired milk in the fridge, non-functioning fuel pumps (due to lack of fuel for them to pump), overflowing garbage cans, etc. etc.

Comment

Quoth Happy Otter Lover View Post
                I was in a Starbucks recently with a friend and a very large gentleman came in and ordered a coffee. He then proceeded to put no less than THIRTY (30!!) packets of sugar (and that's a conservative estimate) into his drink. I almost vomited. Dude, there is reason you weight 350+lbs.

I don't take sugar in my coffee unless it's super bitter
                Damn!!! THAT much sugars?!!! Those who are closest to me know I have a ginormous sweet tooth, but that is too much!!! I do 2 packs of sugar in my tea or coffee.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My mom got hooked on coffee trying to consume hospital coffee. There's a reason she puts a lot of creamer & sugar in hers. I've noticed that she uses less when it's better coffee. She's down to 1 of each these days, now that she's retired.
                  I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
                  X