X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughing makes me a bad person...

But the timing was perfect!

The other day I was helping a customer get some cleats for his kid when an Old Man (OM) and his wife walk up. I greet them and ask what he's looking for. He wants cleats for himself. Not for playing, but for mowing grass. (We get a lot of folks asking for cleats for this reason. It's a good 25% of our sales)

So I offer him one of our styles of cleats and talk to him about why they're good for cutting the grass. Eventually, we get into this conversation:

OM: Y'know, one of these companies should put out a shoe and call it a grass cutting cleat. They'd make a lot of money.
    Me: Probably, especially in this area. But that's not going to be true everywhere.
    OM: Everybody uses grass cutting cleats for the hills! Especially down Boone County way!
    Me: Yeah, but that's here. Some places don't really need them, like...California doesn't really need that.
    OM: Yeah, that's what they got Mexicans for!
    Me:

I don't know if he intended to be racist, or was deliberately cracking a joke, but his follow up there was just too perfect not to laugh!
    My NaNo page

My author blog

If you haven't seen the film A Day Without A Mexican, rent it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
    X