This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have a translation somewhere?

It would be helpful to have a little explanatory legend tucked away somewhere for those of us from foreign parts who haven't got a clue what 'Big Box' or 'Big Red Checkmark' are...
    Thanks
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

"Big Box" is a generic term for a really large store -- often, those that sell electronics or the like. They tend to dominate the scenery, and are quite often separate buildings from whatever mall they may be a part of. They're...well...big boxes surrounded by parking spaces that sell items which, themselves, may come in big cardboard boxes. One such store uses a yellow price tag as its logo. Does that help?

As for the other one -- that's an intentional obfuscation of a specific company's name, so we need to keep it obfuscated, if you follow my meaning You'll need to research that one via an image search, I'm afraid.

If you have any other questions about the terminology, please ask! ^_^
    Last edited by EricKei; 08-03-2014, 02:32 AM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Alternately, a private message to the member who used the term might be helpful. Something like this:
      Hi, I noticed that you used the phrase "Big Green Cab Co". Could you explain that to me please? I don't get it.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
      X