This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I woke up freezing this morning

And I loved it. Got to snuggle under several fuzzy blankets. And I can actually ponder what hoodie to wear (dark green for black cat this morn? I think dark green...)

Only sad thing...alas, I may have to start wearing socks and real shoes soon.....and I think I just realized I have no work friendly shoes......eeep....
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I'm already sick of this fall weather.

September started and it's freezing. We still have all the rain and more from this summer (we broke a record yesterday). But now it's just effin cold and rainy. This isn't Seattle!!!

I'm so sick of hoodies and socks and tons of blankets already. I had to go and buy a few hoodies last week.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

i had to close some windows, too chilly to have them open haha

though that mean fall is coming! fall is my fave!!!

looks like perfect weather for sunday for the Big E!

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        I'm already sick of this fall weather. September started and it's freezing. We still have all the rain and more from this summer (we broke a record yesterday). But now it's just effin cold and rainy. This isn't Seattle!!! I'm so sick of hoodies and socks and tons of blankets already. I had to go and buy a few hoodies last week.
        Sorry, I have to say the opposite. I was tired of the bug bites and humidity-induced rashes and sweat rolling down my back as I tried to work. (Sorry, gross, I know. I HATE August here. Don't mind hot, but humidity wilts me). I love autumn. Leaf-change is gorgeous, air is fairly dry, skies are generally clear in the fall (give it a week or so), and I can bake with abandon. I'm just gonna have to bring you caramel apple crisp, aren't I?
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I wake up freezing every morning
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

It's now wet, warm and humid here. Blech. I like actual autumn weather too with the leaves changing and the cooler crisp air...but not super cold.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I love this time of year. It's getting too cold to use the A.C. but it's still too warm to turn on the heat.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Sorry, I have to say the opposite. I was tired of the bug bites and humidity-induced rashes and sweat rolling down my back as I tried to work. (Sorry, gross, I know. I HATE August here. Don't mind hot, but humidity wilts me). I love autumn. Leaf-change is gorgeous, air is fairly dry, skies are generally clear in the fall (give it a week or so), and I can bake with abandon. I'm just gonna have to bring you caramel apple crisp, aren't I?
                You just named all the reasons I love fall! May I have the recipe for the crisp?

I love sleeping cold, I love having a flannel, a comforter and two knit blankets on top of me.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

It is wonderful and grey up here today. I love fall, winter, and spring. Summer can go jump off a cliff. I don't like the evil daystar. I throw rocks at it.

I can't take enough clothes off to be comfy and not get arrested. I am never cool enough. Of course I can be outside in the winter (40ish) with a tshirt and jeans on and be comfy. Though with this weather gives me an excuse to where by hoodies and my Sounders jacket.

Off to do a rain dance.
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                    It is wonderful and grey up here today. I love fall, winter, and spring. Summer can go jump off a cliff. I don't like the evil daystar. I throw rocks at it.

I can't take enough clothes off to be comfy and not get arrested. I am never cool enough. Of course I can be outside in the winter (40ish) with a tshirt and jeans on and be comfy. Though with this weather gives me an excuse to where by hoodies and my Sounders jacket.

Off to do a rain dance.
                    are you in the pacific nw? I don't know about Seattle but Portland is hot and muggy and rainy today...

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                      are you in the pacific nw? I don't know about Seattle but Portland is hot and muggy and rainy today...
                      Yes across the water from Seattle. It is cooler and grey today. Though there is a hint of muggy to it since I seem to be sweating a little and want to turn my fan on.

It is misting right now but I bet it will get heavier tonight.
                      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                        Yes across the water from Seattle. It is cooler and grey today. Though there is a hint of muggy to it since I seem to be sweating a little and want to turn my fan on.

It is misting right now but I bet it will get heavier tonight.
                        Yeah same here I'm sure can't wait!!

Comment

BTW I'm STILL waiting for some of that cool, Canadian air.

It's supposed to be in the low 90's this weekend and in the mid-80's next week!

Not only that but we're 10 inches below normal for rain. The backyard is so bone-dry that we drained our 12-ft, 3 1/2 ft. deep pool and the yard soaked it up so fast that two days later the yard was bone-dry again!

Funny that the Farmer's Almanac is now predicting a colder-than-normal winter. But I sure hope we'll at least get some fall weather, rather than jumping from summer into winter.

Comment

Yup, Fall is on it's way alright. Not supposed to go above 106 this week.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I loathe the cold. I would like the weather to be 70degrees or above everyday. I will move someday to a warm all year climate, when I can afford it.
                              "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Working...
                              X