Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw you, your brick of a hockey puck, and your tech support.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw you, your brick of a hockey puck, and your tech support.

We've been having issues with our internet company (the big red check) for a long time now. It started with intermittent service, which was thought to be due to either the modem or the router. The router tested clean, and the modem got replaced. Which fixed *some* of the intermittent problems. We still had dropped packets, and occasionally a dropped connection. But the dropped connection could be resolved with a reboot of the network, and the dropped packets rarely caused any major problems (unsent or corrupted emails, mostly).

Then the secondary phone line (used for the credit card modem) got into the game and started dropping the connection. So far it hasn't caused any double-charges, but I'm worried it will.

THEN. Today. HUGE day, dealing with all the orders from two private tasting events yesterday, had a to-do list the length of my arm. Most of it involving the internet - set up an eblast, do some special order research, set up a vendor order for tomorrow... yeah. Lots to do.

I come back from break after processing all the event orders, and Boss tells me the internet is down. Thinking he means the network borked again, I go to check it out, grumbling about the stupid modem and the stupid lines and the idiotic person who thought it was a good idea to create a patchwork network instead of actually wiring up the store properly. Only to discover that he means the network is DEAD, because the EIGHT MONTH OLD MODEM is completely BRICKED.

Seriously. It's about as useful as a paperweight right now. Less, because it's not actually heavy enough to hold down a stack of paper in a strong breeze.

I called tech support. Only to be told that I was speaking to RESIDENTIAL tech support, and I needed to call this number over here for business. So I called business tech support, and tried to set up an exchange.

Only to be told that because the modem was less than a year old, I had to talk to Retentions... um, ooook... and sorry, but I can't be transferred over, because they don't work Sunday.

The only person who can help me, can't help me when the problem happens.

It was at this point I thanked the poor CSR, hung up the phone, and proceeded to stab a pen into the notebook in front of me.

I have a feeling Boss is a bit scared of me now.

Quoth KiaKat View Post
    proceeded to stab a pen into the notebook in front of me.

....I would have no idea why.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner, hugging my safety blanket. <.<
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      ....I would have no idea why.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner, hugging my safety blanket. <.<
      Yeah me too! eeesh what a nightmare. I can't believe they don't have 24 hour repair available for this kind of thing.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Probably worth going to Worst Buy and picking up a spare modem.

Comment

Considering the way they've treated you, Boss should be.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
          X