Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The world needs more people like this Grandma...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world needs more people like this Grandma...

Killed while saving her granddaughter from a kidnapper.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...ker%2F19596812
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

OMG The granddaughter seems to be taking it well. My grandma is coming over today and I might just cry and hug her
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

That brave, brave woman. She is a hero, and the world really does need more people like her.

That poor girl must've been terrified out of her wits. And to lose her beloved grandmother to some psycho, how awful for her.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm very proud of the granddaughter for realising that she needed to keep running, and not go back and check on her grandmother. That's a hard choice to make.

Comment

Great job on both and our tax dollars don't need to pay for his defense or jail cell. IMO he got what he deserved.

The grandmother needs a commendation.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            Great job on both and our tax dollars don't need to pay for his defense or jail cell. IMO he got what he deserved.

The grandmother needs a commendation.
            I'm thinking you didn't read the article.

The grandmother was murdered by the man...not the other way around.

Aside from that, your comment is borderline fratching.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

They could grant her a commendation posthumously; she deserved it, and the granddaughter could accept it.

This was such an unusual, brazen kidnapping with that man being so violent; I almost wonder if he was TRYING to do a 'suicide by cop.'
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Omg. How terrible and heartbreaking. To be so willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for family.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

Aside from that, your comment is borderline fratching.
                  well he was killed in a police stand off

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    well he was killed in a police stand off
                    I realize that, but the way the comment was worded, it seemed that the grandmother was alive.

Perhaps I read the comment wrong.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

Yes, I did read the article because...

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                      They could grant her a commendation posthumously; she deserved it, and the granddaughter could accept it.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

See, that is how people are supposed to react. You do ANYTHING you can to protect family. Anything it takes. She deserves a medal that her granddaughter would accept in her place.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X