This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Wiccans!

I registered a domain months ago with the promise from my wife she'd help build it up.

Of course, as usual, she hasn't done a thing with it. I've set up the basic site but she's done nothing with it.

The site is Wiccapedia.us (yeah, I know, cheezy but still).

So, if any of the Wiccans on this board who wants to help build out the site, feel free to do so.

If yo do sign up and plan on contributing a lot, please shoot me a PM with your username and email. I'll make you a higher level than the average user so you can edit things like protected pages.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

How cool!!!
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I don't want anyone to get their hopes up high right now - there is NOTHING on the site. It's an empty Wiki right now, I'm hoping people contribute to it.

My wife was even supposed to contact some of her friends (including the regional "head" (?) Wiccan, she never did.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Well, I'm not Wiccan, but I have some friends who are. Maybe I can send them your way to help out.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I've passed it along to my Wiccan friend.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Due to a spam / anti-Wiccan attack I've disabled anonymous editing and creation.

I won't give out any information used for registration purposes. For those of you who don't want to use your email address, you can use other free ones.

When you register, feel free to PM me your user name.

I'll see if I can get regular contributors @wiccapedia.us email addresses.

Edit:
            I'm so stupid. My wife's best friend (who is also a friend of mine) is a Wiccan priest and a graphic artist - how come I didn't ask him for help???
            Last edited by draggar; 08-16-2010, 09:59 PM.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Sounds cool, I have to check it out.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

I would be careful. There was a news story of (whoever trademarked it) the Other White Meat (pork) people trying to sue someone who was popular on the internet for making a t-shirt that said "Unicorn: the other white meat"

Watch your butt, people are lawsuit happy. Also, regular wiki deals with the same issue. People will shit up anything they can for fun. Dont take it personally
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                  I would be careful. There was a news story of (whoever trademarked it) the Other White Meat (pork) people trying to sue someone who was popular on the internet for making a t-shirt that said "Unicorn: the other white meat"
                  You're thinking of ThinkGeek and an April Fool's joke item they had.

I think the case was dropped because Think Geek never referred to it as "the other white meat" - they called it "the new white meat". Unaffiliated blogs called it "the other white meat".

But - I do have disclaimers on the site.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I knew I read something somewhere, didnt know if it was legitimate Figures itd be on thinkgeek! haha. Just be careful, the copywrite laws are ridiculous. I might contribute (not wiccan, but tons of free time), but we'll see. I have a couple projects I'm looking into to take up some spare time between work/class

Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Don't worry, I've dealt with issues like that before. To bad the entity pulled up old DNS (from the seller) and didn't realize I had the site pointed to one of theirs.

(I had the domain NewYork-Yankees.com pointed to the Boston Red Sox home page but MLB didn't refresh their DNS so it pulled up a parked page the previous owner had).
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I will register soon, I hope to post some useful things when I can. (heh only found it because of the Fratching post lol)
                        Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                        pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
                        X