This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    Amazon prime doesnt actually do that. Its one of the things I checked.

You didnt even read the big print, its in my op

The automatic renewal provisions in the Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions (which would require you to pay for Amazon Prime) do not apply to this membership, even if we decide to extend the free Amazon Prime offer beyond one year. There is no minimum purchase requirement
    Heh, you're right. Ive just seen a lot of companies do that, so I tend to worry... Amazon prime was one of them, IIRC.

Also, have you checked out Chegg.com for book rentals? I like that B&N are doing rentals, but it seems to be only for Nook users, at least for the book I need. Since I refuse to buy an e-book reader until they open the format up a bit and lower the e-book prices.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
      Yes!! That is the one! I could not remember, of course mine was way cheaper but still, it is cheaper than retail!!!
      Considering the retail is pushing at ten times that price, yeah, I'd say it's cheaper.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
        Heh, you're right. Ive just seen a lot of companies do that, so I tend to worry... Amazon prime was one of them, IIRC.

Also, have you checked out Chegg.com for book rentals? I like that B&N are doing rentals, but it seems to be only for Nook users, at least for the book I need. Since I refuse to buy an e-book reader until they open the format up a bit and lower the e-book prices.

Eric the Grey
        Its right there in their Terms of Service. I'm renting two of my books through chegg, one i'm buying on campus. This isn't just for school supplies. Anything thats prime shipping qualifies.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          This isn't just for school supplies. Anything thats prime shipping qualifies.
          Yup. Good for me, since my books aren't considered "textbooks."

If you rent, you want to see if your university's bookstore offers it. Might be cheaper than an online place, and you don't have to deal with shipping.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
            If you rent, you want to see if your university's bookstore offers it. Might be cheaper than an online place, and you don't have to deal with shipping.
            Community college, we have nothing. Shipping to/from chegg is free.

Comment

might have to check that out since i'll be taking classes again this fall

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                Community college, we have nothing. Shipping to/from chegg is free.
                Even IF they carry it, it'll be cheaper elsewhere. I priced CS-5 since they are already moving to it for our classes, and the bookstore quoted me 150 more than I can get it by going through Adobe directly. Guess what?

Just gotta wait until Friday...

Eric the Grey

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                  Even IF they carry it, it'll be cheaper elsewhere.
                  ???
                  cheaper than chegg? I can't find them cheaper anywhere. 100$ for 2 books. tell me your sources.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    ???
                    cheaper than chegg? I can't find them cheaper anywhere. 100$ for 2 books. tell me your sources.
                    Sorry, I was referring to the college bookstore.

Eric the Grey

Comment

Working...
                    X