X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The seven most horrifying museums on Earth

http://www.cracked.com/article_18686...ums-earth.html

Once again, Cracked is here to ensure that you have nightmares. XD There's just something seriously wrong about museums stocked with dead people...
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

The El Museo is the museum of HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT!

Does anyone else think the portrait of the guy with the Women's Health museum looks like Oswald from the Drew Carey Show?

I'd heard of the Mutter Museum but I never knew what it displayed...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

After reading this article, a part of me is curious to check out the Mutter Museum.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've actually heard about that psychiatric museum and want to visit one of these days.

The menstruation museum is just creepy....private visits by appointment only?! Eeesh.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          I've actually heard about that psychiatric museum and want to visit one of these days.

The menstruation museum is just creepy....private visits by appointment only?! Eeesh.
          I wouldn't want to go to a museum on a private visit either.. *shudder*
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I wouldn't mind going to most of these, if only to get pictures I could put on the Internet. Vent Haven is about 10 minutes from where I live too...also the Creation Museum (sigh).

Ray Bradbury mentions the Mexican in at least a couple of his stories. The last picture under that one looks like a Chachapoyas mummy though, not that I am any sort of expert at all.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I knew about a few of these museums...but the ventriloquist dummy one? The pictures they chose, especially the first one with the eyes made me go ick. I don't like the eyes of ventriloquist dummies. Guess i'm just silly that way...

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                After reading this article, a part of me is curious to check out the Mutter Museum.
                Me too

The psychiatric museum is something that would interest me, too. They might want to keep me, though..
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Im in Maryland.So im off to the menstruation museum.

Comment

Been to the Mutter a few times now. It's pretty interesting, although for the strong of stomach. Went the first time by myself because I didn't know anyone else that would have wanted to go with. Second tie was with a lab partner in biology for extra credit. That made it even more interesting since she was a nursing major and had a different insight on everything in there. It is a very well put together place that has a ton of medically relevant exhibits. It was a nice start to the evening since we followed that with the Bodies exhibit in the Franklin Institute.

Comment

Im one of those people who find the process of death and disease fascinating some of those museums just made me 'MY VISIT LIST!'

Comment

Working...
                      X