Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make this new stuff work with my old stuff!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
    It may be a bit late to complain to Google about allowing that sort of update to proceed, but said complaint might help keep it from happening again, to him or others.

A complaint to the game app manufacturer might potentially yield fruit; they might send a .APK of the older version.
    I doubt you're going to get anywhere with the goog as ultimately it falls on the app developer.

Example, Spotify had information stolen on their old version of the app. The old app worked fine on my really bloody old Optimus T. It was pretty much the ONLY app on there as the missus used it in the car for music. If you wished to continue using Spotify, you had to agree to a forced update. After said update? The Optimus was no longer supported. Even trying to sideload would not work. This lead to the "been thinking of upgrading her phone" to "you WILL now upgrade my phone" line in the sand. The goog just provides the infrastructure, the app devs decide who can install it, and on what type of device. It sucks that devices drop off the radar as they age but such is the way of mobile development.
    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
    And it's not what I wanted to be
    The weight on me
    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

This is why as soon as I can I'm ditching Android for one of these: http://www.pyra-handheld.com/specs.html

It's GSM so it wouldn't run on the red checkmark's service, but it will run on AT&T, which is good enough for me, and I won't need to worry about crap like this happening.

I do think they guy needs to get a perspective though. As far as phones go, that IS rather old.

Comment

The custy could have had automatic updates turned on as well, and therefore self-obsoleted those games.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          You need to make it so my telex can receive emails, you want me to just throw it out and get a computer! BALDERDASH! I paid a LOT of money for it! And at 35 years old, it's not THAT old!
          They actually can!: http://www.rtty.com/itty/

Comment

Working...
          X