Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about being thankful we're open so late?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    At that, about the only two reasons Apple wouldn't have automatically replaced the phone would be water damage or damage from obvious abuse/neglect.
    I can confirm that one. Funny how my first iPhone wasn't covered under its Apple Care Protection plan after I had accidentally thrown it in the wash with my blue jeans

But they were really nice about it.

And of course, I wasn't sucky . . . well that time.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I HATE customers like that. Especially the wait time thing. Today I had a guy tell me that he waited on hold for over an hour!! That is IMPOSSIBLE because our phones are never that busy on Friday, they weren't busy today, and we haven't had an hour wait time in over six years.

Then he mentioned how he called a different dept. Yeah, and I can guess which one. And THAT'S why you were on the phone for an hour, listening to their recording tell you that you'd reached Dept. A when you KNEW you needed Dept. B.

Idiot.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Regarding the custy that "needed" the cell tower fixed ASAP: if things are that dire, why wouldn't you keep a dedicated landline? Even if you just set it to divert 99% of the time, at least it's there for the other 1%!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth crazedclerkthe2nd
          It's ridiculous, I had to wait eight minutes before speaking to you. You think I just want to sit all night on the phone?
          Eight minutes??? That's nothing . . . I once had to wait over an HOUR AND A HALF for someone with HellSouth DSL tech support b/c I had a router issue.

Did I get upset? Nope - I was just thankful that I was able to get through at all to someone.

If that's the worst that can happen in her life, she's got it made in my book. Sheesh.

Better yet if she wants her patience tried, try staying on hold with the IRS - now THAT will raise your blood pressure.

As far as being open 24/7 goes: that simply doesn't happen now. Even Blue Ball Wireless shuts down their Customer Service around 10 or 11 pm.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I hate the customers who go, "Sobcrywaaaaaambulance! I had to wait for SO LONG before you turned my pump on!" -.- Roughly translated, that means that the customer put the nozzle in the car for one split second, whipped it out then came to the kiosk to bitch.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth xxscooterxx View Post
              I have been with red checkmark for over 5 years, I do pay a lot for my service, and I do get irritated if I have to wait a long time. Is any of that your fault? Nope. So I suck it up and act accordingly. I don't understand for the life of me why people expect some poor customer service representative to listen to abuse.
              I've been with Blue Ball wireless for over 4 years and never had a problem that couldn't be resolved so far.

Yes, I pay for the service each month - but that's how it works. You pay a monthly bill, you get service.

What few experiences I've had to call Customer Service, I've had nothing short of a good experience - reps are friendly and will give you options for whatever your issue may be.

And while I've not had to deal with a no service issue thus far, I do have a land line phone I can call out on should there be a tower outage. The idea of discontinuing our land line was discussed but my Mom and I are in agreeance on this - keep the line nonetheless.

If for some reason we have a cellular outage, we've got land line to call out on. Also, if we have to call 911 the dispatcher will see our address come up on their Caller ID system (takes a few moments longer if you are calling from a mobile phone) so if for some reason we're disconnected, they know where to send help.

Besides, a land line will work in case of power outage. Cell phones will but only if they are charged. If you have no way to charge your phone with your cable, you are SOL.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X