Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deranged Homocidal Maniac Tries To Kill Me (kind of long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deranged Homocidal Maniac Tries To Kill Me (kind of long)

Last delivery of the night..

Fifteen minutes till close.. I'm in a hurry to get home and get my "Throne" on (it's the season finale).. I'm walking to my car from the pizza place when from out of the darkness steps a man I've seen before. He sometimes hangs out next door at the laundromat..not doing laundry but mumbling and sometimes yelling to himself.

HM=Homicidal Maniac

HM: Hey! You know that girl who used to work there?.. and that other one! The blonde one!

ME: I don't know dude. I have no idea what you're even talking about. But I'm in a hurry so, have a good one!

no such people have worked there since I've been here

HM: I know I'm gonna get to the bottom of this!

ME: Well then.. fuck off. I don't care.

He starts walking towards me

HM: They're in there! You've got them behind a steal door!

closer

ME: Back the fuck away from me.

By now I've tossed my pizza bag on the seat and am getting in the car when he dashes over, preventing me from closing the door. He was already in my bubble before but now he's in my face.

ME: Get the fuck away from me! Do you want me to call the police? You know there's a police station right over there.

HM: Call the police! I want them to see! Call them! Call them! Do it! Cal them callthemcallthemcallthemcalllllltheemmmmmcallthem! !!!!!!!!!!!

He is screaming right in my face. I shove him away from me almost out of pure reflex. Then I try to pull myself out of my seat when a sucker punch nearly lays me out... I catch myself on the open car door and reel.. then the rage sets in.. I start throwing wild punches but he has a clear advantage. He's much taller and I'm stuck between two cars and a wall with no where to maneuver so I just block his punches and try to punch back but he has the entirety of the parking lot to run to and I have about 2 feet to the sides and maybe 3 feet behind me.. I'm a cornered animal. He flees from my every attack.

After a few minutes of either of us landing anything that could do any damage, the rage has stopped fueling me, the fear starts to creep in. This guy is acting fucking nuts, and he is bigger than me... but it's obvious that he's not going to fight me anymore unless I give him another opportunity at a cheap shot.. I try one last desperate move to counter the enormous reach he has on me.. I boost myself off of the car and try a two-footed captain Kirk style kick at him. I can only imagine how ridiculous that must have looked. But I managed to at least catch him in the chest and send him reeling backwards onto his ass. I had hoped that would end it, or at least give me some time to grab my phone or a weapon... something....

I get into my car and close the door, search for my phone and he breaks the driver side window and starts clawing at me growling like some maniac. He rips my shirt nearly off of me and tries to pull me out of the car or strangle me, I'm not really sure. I start the engine and put it in reverse, shaking him loose from my window. At first he tries to chase after me, but I just sort of corral him with my car, chasing him into the corner again. I call the police, and do my best to block the exit with my car and he doesn't move and gives up and sits down. When the police arrived he seemed as calm and meek as can be but eventually the crazy took over and he attacked them.. so straight to jail he goes.. I'm sure he'll get an insanity plea and I'll see him again. We are next door to his favorite place to hang out and yell at himself. Next time he comes anywhere near me again I'm not giving him a warning. If he gets into my bubble again, I'm probably just gonna deck him as hard as I can until I drop him. I was honestly trying to be nice and avoid a fight but he just kept getting closer and closer. And when he punched me, well now I know he's a violent offender and I can't let my guard down..

Yikes! Glad you made it out of that scary situation in one piece!

Comment

Oh, man. I am so sorry you went through that.

In my state, the insanity plea - if successful - requires at least a few months stay in a mental hospital. Please make sure you swear out a complaint against him if the police only charge him with what he did to them. Prosecutors are far less likely to dismiss his actions if a civilian was the victim.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Well, if your state offers an insanity plea (not all do), release from custody still requires successful-ish treatment. In fact, it can land you in custody even longer than you'd be stuck there with a plea bargain, as a plea bargain generally doesn't make treatment a pre-requisite to release. (You have to be really off your rocker for the prison to want to hold on to you after your sentence expires.)

An insanity plea is not a Get-out-of-jail-free card. They are also quite rare.

Comment

Yikes! Glad you ended up making it out okay. I hope he gets locked up for a while, and hopefully is medicated when he comes out.

Can you get a restraining order against him? I doubt it will stop him trying to hang out next door, but it will give you leverage to call the police when you see him there again. Maybe after enough trips downtown, he'll find a new place.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Holy crap! I'm so glad you came out of that in one piece. I mean, it's just good he didn't have a knife on him. One stab in the wrong place and it would be game over for you in a flash. In fact, you should point that out. Because what if? Next time he could be carrying a knife, or a gun even. This thing needs locking up.

Comment

Make sure you press charges with the police.

Make sure you seek a restraining order.

If you see him near you work or yourself again, immediately call the police.

If he surprises you and corners you again, do something to counter his size and reach advantage. One thing I have taught my nieces to do is to drop to one knee and swiftly and with all their force punch up and into the scrotum. Unexpected move, and will drop most guys like a sack of potatoes. Giving you the time you need to get the fuck out of there. Is it a dirty move? Absolutely. So what? Your survival is more important than your honor in such situations. And crazy people don't exactly fight "fair." Hell, no one who throws a sucker punch fights fair, crazy or not.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I've always heard that crazy people have almost unnatural strength, kind of like what you get from doing PCP...
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Utah is a shall-issue state... just saying.

Comment

Tama, some do, some don't. It varies from crazy person to crazy person, and from psychosis to psychosis.

A perfect example is my ex-girlfriend, That Vile Woman, who was a cold and calculating sociopath. She was also a very weak person, physically, as well as being a very slight individual, who more than one person described as being able to be blown away by a small gust of wind. Even at her angriest, which as a sociopath she kept well-hidden, she couldn't have dented a tinfoil hat.

But of course not all crazy people are cold and calculating sociopaths. Even raging nutters like the one in the OP are not always endowed with superhuman strength. Some are, some aren't. The obvious problem is that you're never gonna know which one you're gonna get. Which gets down to the basic problem of dealing with crazy people, their unpredictability.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

I think my favorite thing about this story is that the OP said it was "kind of long".

You've been attacked by a violent psychopath - take as much time as you need.

Comment

Woah that is some seriously scary sh*t. Hope you're feeling OK now *hugs*
                        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                        What's the difference?
                        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Uh, gang, "psychotic" and "psychopath" are not synonyms. Just saying.

Very glad you're OK, Nordel, and I hope you'll be able to arrange to get this person out of range of you.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                            I've always heard that crazy people have almost unnatural strength, kind of like what you get from doing PCP...
                            My understanding of that is that crazy people (or "chemically altered" people) don't feel (or care about) pain, so they're using ALL their strength, regardless of whether they're injuring themselves in the process through overexertion.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Thanks guys.. I tried to make the story entertaining but it was a pretty messed up thing to happen.

He did seem to have some crazy strength. This was two nights ago and my face still hurts, still got a bit of a black eye. I've taken a few punches, but this was probably one of the hardest.

Comment

Working...
                              X