This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthoer outragious one

You might remember this dimbulb scammer from this thread a couple of days ago

I still do not get why people lie.

I dispatch my self on an order. I arrive at the house and proceed to right the doorbell. and wait. and wait. Knock on the door. Finally someone answers. We go through the normal beginning to transaction stuff.

The guy proceeds to whip out a $100 bill for a $24.89 order.

Sorry I do not have change for that.

WELL WE TOLD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE ORDER ABOUT THE $100 BILL!!!!!!

<I sneak a peek at the ticket and even before I saw who took the order I knew their statement was pure bullshit. we had one cook who has delivered and is a shifty, the server who really knows better, 2 drivers and the GM. The GM took the order so I KNOW better.>>

At this point I get stern when I say "WELL I know the person who took the order would have never allowed us NOR agreed to to bring change for such a large bill as that is AGAINST our safety and security policy/procedure. AND I am also not allowed to go and get change either at the store or a gas station".

BUT WWE TOLD THEM about the $100 bill.

Sorry there is nothing I can do.

at this point the guy trundles over to the neighbor's house to get change. When he comes back he tells his GF to go and get the piggy bank so they can give me change (as in coins).

Now I have to stand there for 4 minutes whilst they count out a handful of nickles, dimes and quarters.

YUP I got 1 nice penny as a tip.

I get back to the store and tell the GM that I have a question that I must ask but I already know the answer. She tells me they bitched about our prices and did inform her they had a $100 bill. She told them in no uncertain terms the driver would NOT be able to do change for a $100 bill on a $24.89 order. she infact REPEATED that fact.

At least this asswipe did not demand a discount or get really stupid.

I still an NOT a bank and I can not/will not shit money outta my ass.

BUT WE really really want those wings and pizza
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I have been known to pay in $100 bills. Of course, what I bought was over $100, and I got change back of less then $5.

Why do people even think asking for that much change is reasonable? Even 60+ years ago it was not reasonable to buy $2 and pay with a $20. I know because I had a resident complain about someone doing that in his store (he actually thought it happened the day before, but he thought it was the 1950s. I still believe him even though his dates were slightly off.).
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

These types of people will happily hand you 50's and 100's but God forbid you give them all pound coins/dollars in THEIR change. Double standards.

Comment

The couple of times I've only had a hundred dollar bill I always mention it to the person taking my order. Usually it's not an issue - especially any place that I frequent.

Then again I imagine when they punch my phone number in the computer and see I've ordered a dozen times in the past they're more likely to trust me as opposed to a first time caller in a shady side of town.

Comment

I remember one morning when I had opening shift. My first two customers of the day both had purchases in the teens/twenty-something range and handed me $100 bills. My drawer starts at $100, and at that time of day, not a lot of change is available (bank run and all that). Somehow got them their change, but they got a lot of $5 bills (both were civilized human beings about the matter).
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Why do people even have $100 bills these days? ATMs don't give them out. If I was cashing a check at my bank, I would ask for $20s, and never a hundred or a fifty dollar bill.
            Geeze.
            I no longer fear HELL.
            I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
              Why do people even have $100 bills these days? ATMs don't give them out. If I was cashing a check at my bank, I would ask for $20s, and never a hundred or a fifty dollar bill.
              Geeze.
              The only time I ever have a $100 or $50 bill in my wallet if is I'm planning on paying my rent that week, because it's easier and more convenient to count out a couple of hundreds than multiple twenties. If I'm ordering delivery food, I make sure ahead of time that I have enough small bills to cover it.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                I remember one morning when I had opening shift. My first two customers of the day both had purchases in the teens/twenty-something range and handed me $100 bills. My drawer starts at $100, and at that time of day, not a lot of change is available (bank run and all that). Somehow got them their change, but they got a lot of $5 bills (both were civilized human beings about the matter).
                They may not have complained, but I think the mere fact they only had hundreds at that time of day shows they weren't quite civilised

My theory behind "big bills for small purchases" is that it's intended to show that they're doing well in these straitened times, because whenever I get a big bill, it's almost always from some scruffy herbert who's probably scraped together all of their loose change in order to afford to get one. I'm sorry, but I'm really not going to be impressed by your liquidity at 6am.

I had one this very morning in fact, 3rd customer of the day and I'd taken precisely squat in cash transactions. They wanted to spend £3 and only had a £50, yet when I started placing bags of £1 & 50p coins on the counter for their change they suddenly decided to abandon their purchase... I wonder why?
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
                  Geeze.
                  My bank's ATM has started giving $50 bills out when I withdraw some cash every other week. I hate it, but I'm not going to write a check for cash and go in to cash it, because I see it as a waste of a check and time.

I tend to use those $50s at the gas station. Go in, hand them the bill, say "On pump [#]," go pump my gas, and come back for the change.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                    My theory behind "big bills for small purchases" is that it's intended to show that they're doing well in these straitened times
                    Another possibility: the bill is counterfeit.
                    There is also the old ploy of trying to get a purchase free--it works 'til the change is available largely in coins.
                    In the few times I've spent a $100 the tab was at least $60.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                      They may not have complained, but I think the mere fact they only had hundreds at that time of day shows they weren't quite civilised

My theory behind "big bills for small purchases" is that it's intended to show that they're doing well in these straitened times, because whenever I get a big bill, it's almost always from some scruffy herbert who's probably scraped together all of their loose change in order to afford to get one. I'm sorry, but I'm really not going to be impressed by your liquidity at 6am.
                      Yeah, the cashier at the thrift store who just rang up your secondhand goods is going to be SOOOOO impressed by the Benjamins you're flashing around.

I had one this very morning in fact, 3rd customer of the day and I'd taken precisely squat in cash transactions. They wanted to spend £3 and only had a £50, yet when I started placing bags of £1 & 50p coins on the counter for their change they suddenly decided to abandon their purchase... I wonder why?
                      [snerk]
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I call them the 'high rollers'. They think they're hot stuff because they can flash around big bills and take great pleasure in going to small establishments and pay for small purchases with big bills. I mean after all, Awful-mart has THOUSANDS of dollars in petty cash so that means EVERY store is like that.....right?

Right?

Comment

I had one just tonight that used a $100 for less than a $9 purchase. Yes, they got the look from me. No, my brain to mouth filter thankfully didn't fail me. Trust me, those big bills aren't impressive at a convenience store, either.
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

My best guess was the guy just got paid and either the bank or the check cashing place just gave him large bills cause he opened up his wallet and had a bunch of $!00 bills.

Just another case of "YEAH we 'heard' what the order taker said BUT we just did it anyway and assumed the driver would give us change if we lied".

Sorry but especially at that time of night (around midnight) I take security and safety VERY seriously even in the nicer areas.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I get a lot of people that pay with hundreds. Many of them are contractors/handymen that get paid from their customers with hundreds. The sad part is they will pass a dozen banks to come to my gas station and buy a 4 dollar pack of smokes with a hundred.

Comment

Working...
                              X