This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive-Up Stupidity

Days over, punched the clock, and I'm on my way out the back door.

Walking to said back door requires I first walk out the "office" part of the building and into the "service" department, then around the lifts, around the tire rack and then to the far wall of service where the man-door to the bodyshop is, walk through there, skirt around the six partially-disassembled cars, go through the roll-up door next to the paint booth, make a sharp 90 degree turn, walk around the frame-straightening machine, avoid snagging shoulder on the MIG welder, assuming it's there and nobody's using it, and then go out the final man-door to exit the level, blue key required, and it's always in that room with the 20 imps behind the automatic pop-down wall when you grab it

Curses, didn't even make it that far today.

As soon as I go through service's door, a car comes rolling into the shop, cutting me off.

No big, stuff moves in and out of here all the time, I just go to walk around it when the window rolls down, the guy driving it isn't one of our service techs.

"Hey, excuse me, but, I was just wondering, where around here does a guy go to get a beer?"

Uh.... wait, did you....... did you just drive in off the street, go through our parking lot, and drive INTO the service bay, and you're not a customer, you're asking ME for directions to a bottle shop?

I was stunned speechless

The driver of the car apparently took that to mean I didn't understand his question.

"Yeah, I just need to know where I can a beer, just a bottle! To go! All I need's one!"

Uh....... no, just, no! It's 5 past quittin' time for me! I am NOT doing this today, not tomorrow, not ever.

"Sorry bud, can't help you, I don't drink" (and you can polygraph me on that one, it's true!)

I quickly step around the car and hit the crashbar on the far door to get out of there as quickly as possible. Making sure to tell the bodyshop techs that they better hurry up and get over to service if they want to see the dumbest guy to ever drive a car through there since we fired ol' "One-Bolt-per-Hour" Shaw last year.

Seriously, what unholy confluence of thoughts converged in his head to make him think to do that? To just drive in an open garage door of a business and treat us like his own personal MapQuest?

Man, however it happened, I seriously doubt you, need to be adding some alcohol to that mix!

In retrospect, I shoulda' given him directions to the police station, they have a roll-up garage door in the side of their building too! Sure, just drive on in there, unannounced, I'm sure they'll help you out!

And it's not even FRIDAY man!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Seriously, what unholy confluence of thoughts converged in his head to make him think to do that? To just drive in an open garage door of a business and treat us like his own personal MapQuest?
    My guess is that it involves a jump starter dose of alcohol.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      My guess is that it involves a jump starter dose of alcohol.
      Or, in the words of that great Texan philosopher, Hank Hill, "If you ask me, that boy ain't right."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Does PA have those drive through liquor/convenience stores like they do in Ohio? Was kinda shocked the first time I saw one of those while visiting the inlaws.

Comment

Walking to said back door requires I first walk out the "office" part of the building and into the "service" department, then around the lifts, around the tire rack and then to the far wall of service where the man-door to the bodyshop is, walk through there, . . .
          . . . get off at the Slauson Cuttoff, cut off your slauson . . .
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

if only he'd driven into a bay with a pit...
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WVk7K6X3dI

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
              Does PA have those drive through liquor/convenience stores like they do in Ohio? Was kinda shocked the first time I saw one of those while visiting the inlaws.
              Not that I'm aware of. Pottsville PA had a drive up distributor, but you were expected to buy beer by the case, not bottle . And the crew in the shop would load it into your car. Think of it like a shack that holds beer with a gas station dinger . I don't think you're allowed an open container anywhere in the state. At least, outdoors and in public.
              But the paint on me is beginning to dry
              And it's not what I wanted to be
              The weight on me
              Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

There was a drive-in beer distributor not too far from me. You'd pull into the building, they'd load your car, and you'd drive out. I don't think it's still around though.

Supposedly, you're not allowed to have open containers in public. But, people tend to look the other way during tailgating at games, certain car shows, and other events. As long as you're not being an ass, nobody complains
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                  Oh, my God, how do you fuck that up like that? The employee is right there to direct you, plus that idiot was going way too fast!

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    if they want to see the dumbest guy to ever drive a car through there since we fired ol' "One-Bolt-per-Hour" Shaw last year.

How did someone that incompetent ever get hired in the first place?
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post

Probably the same way Paul did; overstated or flat-out lied about his competence on his resume.
                      Last edited by XCashier; 06-28-2014, 05:38 PM.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                        One friend of mine was working in such a pit when something like that happened. He managed to jump out of the way in time.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post

I think we can ask that question about a few coworkers or more in ANY line of work. Everything from the military down to street-sweeping.

Answer is...intelligence tests are never really given out to individuals in most job interviews.

Comment

I have worked with many, many, MANY incompetents in the restaurant industry over the years. It just boils down to the fact that the skill set needed to work somewhere and the skill set needed to get hired somewhere are not the same.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

i have exactly one bottle of beer in my house he can have it i have no idea if its good or enough

Comment

Working...
                              X