Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually my mind did it's "I'm not here right now" so no I didn't. Mental fog is lovely thing to deal with. Lol.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth AlmightyALT View Post
      The Albino - Jack Black
      Ironic choice of actor - almost like calling Xena the Warrior Princess an "Amazon".
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Xena - Trained by Amazons, Amazon Queen for a little, honorary Amazon..but not really an Amazon. Though I did miss a few episodes so *shrugs*.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          Xena - Trained by Amazons, Amazon Queen for a little, honorary Amazon..but not really an Amazon. Though I did miss a few episodes so *shrugs*.
          Ah! But in the first Hercules movie, "Hercules and the Amazon Women", Xena WAS an Amazon!

No... wait....

Sorry... Lucy Lawless played an Amazon named Lysia who got to make out with Anthony Quinn's Zeus. Not Xena. So Xena was never an 'official' Amazon; just honorary. Though I haven't finsihed rewatching all the episodes on Netflix.
          "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Wasn't Gabby made an official Amazon at one point? Not to derail, but did anyone else see Bitch Slap?

Comment

Gabby was made an Amazon Princess, became an Amazon Queen. Not sure if she stayed that or not (she still traveled with Xena). Why no, I was not a HUGE HUGE fan of Xena..what makes you think that?

As for Xena..I lost count of how many 'Xena's' there were. There was Meg the barmaid, Diana the Queen (Princess?), and a Hestian Virgin .. can't recall the name off the top of my head..think Leah? They sure liked their Lucy Lawless on that show.

Sorry for the thread derail. I could discuss Hercules : The Legendary Journeys and Xena all day. I've been rewatching both..up to season 5 on Herc and season 4 on Xena.

Oh Gabby had a double too..Hope her daughter, Daughter of Dahauk (spelling)..who grew to adulthood in record time. Ok, ok..I will stop now...think I need a whole new thread for this, but doubt very many people are interested .

Comment

You might be surprised how many people are interested in this. Not only was I a huge Xena fan, but for years if you asked my best friend to describe my perfect woman, she would have simply said "Gabby."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I'll throw another bite for fezzik Khali.

If you saw Sandler's version of the longest yard, he was one of the cons.

Comment

Size. Check. Strange sounding voice...Check. Acting skill...I think I would need to see more before deciding, but yes I thought of him also.

Comment

Immortal, he was the first actor I could think of as well. The voice is what seals it for me.

As for who could play the others, I've had this discussion so many times with The Boy and my BIL it's maddening. We can never agree and somehow convince each other that all of our ideas are terrible.

I must admit though. Every time that I think of the Westley character, Benedict Cumberbatch (BBC's Sherlock Holmes) always pops in my mind. Dunno why. I don't necessarily think he could/would play the role well but my mind just always goes to him. Maybe I just watch too much BBC
                      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Personally for Inigo, you should get Antonio Bandaras. Great actor, and an actual Spainard to boot.
                        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Christopher Judge from Stargate SG-1 as Fezzik would be awesome.

Comment

My Xena/Amazon comment was based on the choice of someone named Black to play the Albino (albinisim being a condition where the body completely lacks pigmentation). A negro with the condition would have white skin, white hair, and pink irises (as would anyone else with the condition).

Why "Xena/Amazon"? Check out the etymology of "Amazon".
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Well as I created a whole thread to Xena..I will talk about the Amazon/Xena connection there

Comment

They actually showed The Princess Bride at the artsy theater here last weekend, and of course a bunch of us went to it. And I had forgotten about the albino, but I think it would be GREAT to have Zach Galifanikis (the guy from The Hangover) playing him.

If they recast it.

Which they better not do.

Just saying.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X